2014 Edge with only 28,000 miles has Rust issue on back hatch seem

FreddieP

Hi.

I`m also new to forum. I just purchased a 2014 Edge SEL with only 28,000 miles on it last Saturday. It has a couple issues. I thought that I had looked it over thoroughly, before I picked it up at The Ford dealership, but I missed rust bubbles under the paint all along the bottom of the rear hatch. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, and should I be concerned with rust under the vehicle as well. It`s still under the 3 year 36,000-mile factory warranty. Should I have them fix it, or have them replace the hatch. The vehicle has had what we call a car proof here in Canada which reports any accidents that the vehicle has had and it showed none

The other issue is that this Edge really rides rough over any kind roads that has small bumps or potholes. It does have the original Scorpion 20-inch tires and rims on it and I was thinking maybe that was making the ride so rough. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Fred

Edited by FreddieP

After you get the rust issue addressed, I would take it to 'Krown' for piece of mind.

frank

Hi.

I`m also new to forum. I just purchased a 2014 Edge SEL with only 28,000 miles on it last Saturday. It has a couple issues. I thought that I had looked it over thoroughly, before I picked it up at The Ford dealership, but I missed rust bubbles under the paint all along the bottom of the rear hatch. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, and should I be concerned with rust under the vehicle as well. It`s still under the 3 year 36,000-mile factory warranty. Should I have them fix it, or have them replace the hatch. The vehicle has had what we call a car proof here in Canada which reports any accidents that the vehicle has had and it showed none

The other issue is that this Edge really rides rough over any kind roads that has small bumps or potholes. It does have the original Scorpion 20-inch tires and rims on it and I was thinking maybe that was making the ride so rough. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks Fred

Edited by JETZ

• 2 years later...

Wow, rust at 28,000.  I would raise hell if dealer doesn't replace hatch.  My 2013 has 64,000 Northern Indiana miles, salt etc.  No sign of bubbles/rust anywhere.  I do preventative liquid wax in bottom doors seams and hatch seam. I have to squat down , pull hatch down enough to squirt liquid wax in seam.    I leave the wax in the seams.  Just add more each fall.   Rinse and blow out seams , let dry .   For the hood I saturate small piece of cloth and push wax into seam.