H&R SPORT SPRINGS ON G2 EDGE SPORT

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread just cost me $239! After reading all the praise for H&R Springs, I just ordered a set from Tire Rack....they are delivered this Monday the 27th.

I just got my 2017 Edge Sport 2 days ago and Im already spending money on upgrades..now I have to find an installer in the San Francisco Bay Area who knows how to install the springs correctly. Will report back when I get them fitted........

• Like 2

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME Xtra, however lets not forget who motivated us... :worship::salute:

Ā 

And on that note...wait for it...

Ā 

Here are the front & rear spring R&R instructions as promised by Special K & myself... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ā 

NOTE: Download DIY PDF links have been fixed & reestablished thnx to redlancer... :hat_tip:

2016 Edge Sport Rear Spring Replacement Instructions.pdf

2016 Edge Sport Front Spring Replacement Instructions.pdf

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

YOU ARE MOST WELCOME Xtra, however lets not forget who motivated us... :worship::hat_tip::salute:

Ā 

And on that note...wait for it...here's the front spring instructions as promised by Special K who mentioned he may revise the format directly to the posting page as I do... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I didn't do none of the first 4 pages of that PDF. Wipers stayed on, and was able to get in with just taking off the metal tabs that hold the cowl

Nick,

Ā 

As noted at the very beginning of page one "You don't need to remove the wipers. Just lift up the plastic covering/shroud after removing the little metal clips, then you can access the rear bolt hiding there".

Ā 

But the part that I'm amazed at is how did you remove the strut without performing page 4???

Ā 

Everyone realizes that you may be the Ford Edge Sport GOD and you find no value in our efforts however, we've been receiving multitudes of kudos and appreciation from others who do.

Ā 

At every opportunity we even make a special effort to give you, Xtra & Root credit i.e. "however lets not forget who motivated us".

Ā 

BTW, you have consistently been the only negative critique to our efforts to help others, oh well I guess there has to be one in every group.

Ā 

Oh, we failed to mention Happy Holidays Brother-In-Arms... :salute::salute::salute:

Edited by snmjim

To add a bit of information for the lazy mechanics out there, here are the tools needed for the rear (will update for fronts once i tackle them either today or tomorrow)

Ā 

Flathead Screwdriver (for pushpins)

Wheel lugnut removal- 13/16"

Brake line bracket bolt - 10mm socket

Plastic cover - 7mm socket (with long extension for passenger side)

Upper strut bolts - 18mm socket

Subframe bolts - 24mm socket

Subframe Torx bolts - T50

Ā 

After walking back and forth from garage to driveway, I decided to post this info to help! 1st side took 50 minutes not knowing exactly what to do, and making constant trips back and forth! , 2nd side took 30 minutes. so they really are a quick job, especially with that write up!

Nick,

Ā 

As noted at the very beginning of page one "You don't need to remove the wipers. Just lift up the plastic covering/shroud after removing the little metal clips, then you can access the rear bolt hiding there".

Ā 

But the part that I'm amazed at is how did you remove the strut without performing page 4???

Ā 

Everyone realizes that you may be the Ford Edge Sport GOD and you find no value in our efforts however, we've been receiving multitudes of kudos and appreciation from others who do.

Ā 

At every opportunity we even make a special effort to give you, Xtra & Root credit i.e. "however lets not forget who motivated us".

Ā 

BTW, you have consistently been the only negative critique to our efforts to help others, oh well I guess there has to be one in every group.

Ā 

Oh, we failed to mention Happy Holidays Brother-In-Arms... :salute::salute::salute:

Ā 

3 pages, I thought the text was it's own page.

Must be personal to you, cause I have no clue what your talking about btw...

Edited by Nick Halstead
  • Like 1

Ok I finished the fronts. my passenger front side sits 3/4" higher than the driver side (ground to fender). not sure if they will settle with time, but its quite noticeable as of right now. anyway, i didn't take off the wipers, but for everything else, here are the tools required:

Ā 

Flathead Screwdriver (for pushpins if you are removing the plastic wiper cowl trim)

8mm (for the screws holding the lower plastic tray)

13/16" for lugnuts

10mm for the brake line bracket

6mm hex for center of sway bar end link

18mm for sway bar end link nut

24mm for strut to spindle nuts***

***Note that these bolts must be removed by taking the nut off, not by spinning the bolt head side. they have ridges/splines that keep them in place on the spindle.

hammer (for smacking out the spindle mount bolts)

13mm for strut tower bolts

21mm for strut nut for top hat removal

Ā 

simple!

Edited by Mikula

Your best bet is to just call a dealer. they have the info you need. have your vin # handy. you might even have better results stopping by in person, they tend to take people more seriously.

Ā 

the rear subframe i used the impact gun and ran it down same as i would my lug nuts. not that its the technical way to do it.. but that's what i did.

• 2 weeks later...