Fresh Air Intake Mod

GT500R

Finished cutting out all the CF V2 today with my trusty air saw.

IMG_9681.JPG

it takes about 30 minutes to get one to look like this. There is still a long way to go before it is finished , but it's ready for the next step. 

IMG_9684.thumb.png.f6ef67a34df12e5691db0c08d8ff84d4.png

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

Though I have cut out all the V2s they still need finishing. I am going to try and finish all the V2s while I wait for the V3 Adaptor prototype to be molded. There are several V2s in stock, so this will be the last run of them for awhile. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Have sold a couple but there are still a few V2 available in both CF and ABS. Order now because there won't be another run for a few months as I will be concentrating on the V3. PM me if you are interested or want a price quote. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

$15 discount on all Carbon Fiber and ABS V2 intakes until this last run is sold out. I am doing it for the V3 project. PM me if you are interested.

For those of you that have already placed your order and are awaiting delivery, no worries, I will PayPal a $15 refund.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are still V2 available from a run I did  back at the end of February . I tied up hundreds of dollars  in the CF material and hundreds more vacuum forming them. I need to sell them to recover. the investment. The $15 off represents the pure profit I make on them. The rest of the mark up on them is to cover expendables. The plastic shop needs to be paid for the V3 I ordered and I am short. I have to sell at least one V2 to cover the difference. If I did not have this V3 project everything would be cool ?, but I am stressed and have over extended myself. If I cannot sell at least one V2 the V3 project will stall out . Someone please step and get a great deal and help launch the V3. I am so desperate that the next person to buy a V2 will receive a very special discount on the V3 . I thank you all for your support. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

I am sitting on what is left of what could be the last run of V2s that there may ever be. It is looking like everyone who wanted a V2 has one. As I cannot afford to do a run for only one order these very well may be the last V2s to be made. This is especially true of the Carbon Fiber ones. The only way I would do another run is if there was enough demand. And demand is very low right now.

In the future, unless the demand picks up and I can do a run, I can and will make one V2 at a time but . ..The cost of set up $65,  and loss of  group pricing, will drive up the price of making one at a time. So I can say with confidence that you will never see prices this low on the V2 ever again. If you are thinking about getting a V2 then best to act now. I am not a salesman. This is not a gimmick. It is just how things are right now. I am telling you all this because I want the V3 project to be realized, and it has stalled out just when it was ready for production. I thank everyone again for you support. PM me if you want one of possibly the last V2. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a reminder that I have both CF and ABS V2s in stock from the run I did last February . They. Fit 2015 to 2018 Edge all models. These are most likely the last ones I will be making. If you have been on the fence about getting one now is the time.and last chance before they are gone forever. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the time I have been working on the V2 I have thought of it as a plenum chamber for the snorkel. Today I realize that the V2 is not only a plenum chamber providing a smooth air supply to the snorkel no matter the demand, it is also a Ram Air Intake as well with air being forced into it across the entire grille. … Cool ? Ram Air  :rockon:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a few CF V2 in stock. These are the last of the CF V2 as the material to make them is no longer available. As such I am closing them out at a substantial discount.  $40 off on  all remaining CF V2 . Once they are gone only the ABS will be available.  Fits 2015 to 2018 Edge -- All models and engine combos. 

PM me for more info.

Edited by Xtra

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 9:37 PM, Xtra said:

I have a few CF V2 in stock. These are the last of the CF V2 as the material to make them is no longer available. As such I am closing them out at a substantial discount.  $40 off on  all remaining CF V2 . Once they are gone only the ABS will be available.  Fits 2015 to 2018 Edge -- All models and engine combos. 

PM me for more info.

Sent you a PM!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/30/2023 at 8:37 PM, Xtra said:

PM me for more info.

Do you have any on hand for the V2?