Sync 3 Android Auto Compatible Phones

I just got a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium. I can't get my Google Pixel 2 nor my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6 to connect via Android Auto. Both will connect via Bluetooth. No probs there.

I've gone into the Settings and "enabled" Android Auto. On my Pixel 2, I get a message that it's not responding. On my wife's S6, I get a message that it requires too much power. So I went onto the Ford owner site and saw a link for compatible phones. There are 7 phones that are listed as compatible. SEVEN. Really. Please tell me that there are more than 7 phones that work with SYNC3 and Android Auto.

Any help?

I just got a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium. I can't get my Google Pixel 2 nor my wife's Samsung Galaxy S6 to connect via Android Auto. Both will connect via Bluetooth. No probs there.

I've gone into the Settings and "enabled" Android Auto. On my Pixel 2, I get a message that it's not responding. On my wife's S6, I get a message that it requires too much power. So I went onto the Ford owner site and saw a link for compatible phones. There are 7 phones that are listed as compatible. SEVEN. Really. Please tell me that there are more than 7 phones that work with SYNC3 and Android Auto.

Any help?

My phone isn't on the list of compatible phones but it still works with AA. I think the compatible phone list is just a list of phones that Ford has actually tested. It doesn't mean that phones not on the list won't work.

Try a different cable as omar302 suggested. There are a lot of cheap USB cables out there that can cause all kinds of problems.

My Pixel 2 Xl works with Android Auto fine with no issues.

I forgot to bring my cable when I picked up my car.

The cheap no name/ off brand cable from 711 works fine.

After downloading android auto for my phone there were some permissions and options that needed to be selected.

Once I did that my phone worked flawlessly.

As Omar and Quila suggested, I would definitely trying a different cable.

Edited by onyxbfly

As others have said try a different cable. I've used several phones with AA across multiple Ford's and aftermarket headunits. Everytime I've had issues it's been the cable. Length and quality can all cause issues with AA. On my sync 3 specifically I've had issues with Anker cables over 1.5 feet. I'd get errors that there was a problem with AA and it would disconnect.