ford sync no longer supported by ford

Is it Sync services? I found the following post

Ford has made the important decision to start phasing out SYNC® Services. Starting July 1st, 2017, the ability to purchase or renew a paid SYNC Services subscription will no longer be available. However, those with an active or complimentary subscription will still be able to use all the features of SYNC Services until their subscription expires or August 1st, 2018, whichever comes first. Regardless of subscription status, SYNC Services will no longer be available starting August 1st, 2018.

We'd like to thank you for being a part of the SYNC Services experience that we've brought to Ford customers over the years. Although SYNC Services is being phased out, owners can still take advantage of the many features available through SYNC, such as AppLink® for SYNC and SYNC 3, and other services offered by SiriusXM® Traffic and Travel Link®. If you aren't already aware of these features, click here to see what options are available for your specific vehicle.
For additional updates and to manage your subscription, please visit the SYNC Services page on the Owner website.
We appreciate you being a member of the Ford family and look forward to continuing to improve your experience!

Does this mean new Ford vehicles will have something different than Sync 3?

I just upgraded to Sync 3.

Hopefully the new system will use the same connectors so I can upgrade again in a couple years when the new units start showing up in junkyards. B)

The OP hasn't posted specifically what the e-mail said. Saying support for SYNC versus SYNC Services are two completely different things....thus the reason for asking for what the e-mail specifically says. SYNC Services announcement for end of life was announced a while back.

Sync Services is not the same thing as Sync at all. Sync Services was Ford's attempt to mimic some of the OnStar features without having modems in the car. But as akirby mentioned, nobody used it because if you were going to need to have your phone anyway, might as well just use the phone. Now that Ford is putting modems in everything, they can use Ford Pass to offer the important functionality without requiring people to sign up for a subscription.

• Like 1

Services was like.....when you hit the button instead of saying "phone", I would say "services". Like give me stock quotes, and other things I can't remember. Our Edge came with a 3 year subscription free....and when the 3 years were up....I don't remember anyone asking me to renew.

The only thing I will lose that matters to me is Sync would send a vehicle health report to my insurance company when I ran one, and report the miles driven. Now have a gadget I keep in the dash that operates off an app on my phone. Get an insurance discount for reporting miles and how I drive.