Hit and Run

tamugrad2013

Apparently someone somewhere scraped my car in a parking lot and has left scrape marks on the passenger side rear bumper. As this is a plastic part I am not worried about it rusting but I am still frustrated that some jerk would do this and not even leave a note. I mean honestly it will not be worth it to get it fixed as I keep a pretty high deductible and I don't really want to spend the money to fix it right now while paying for graduate school out of pocket. I also will keep this car hopefully until I drive it into the ground and their are already a few bumps and scrapes that I have inflicted but the unknown ones piss me off. I have attached a picture. Honestly if the perpetrator would have just left a note I wouldn't have pursued it. Is just the principle of the matter. As it is on the passenger side I do not know when it happened as I rarely am on that side. Ok rant over sorry. post-29247-0-42042100-1533085769_thumb.jpg

Really, many times small scratches are not noticed by the driver. The person who scratched your car might not have even realized what they did thinking their car barely passed without any harm.

I know it is a minor scratch and as I stated I am not worried about getting it fixed it is just the principle of the matter. If someone makes a mistake own up to it. That is very important in my ethical view of the world.

• Like 2

use some polishing compound then wax it afterwards and 90% of that scuff will probably disappear. looks like it might be mostly paint from the other car or whatever hit you

Yes, I agree. But to get scuff paint off I use WD40 with a rag and go to work. If it's paint deposited from another vehicle, it will come out with wd40 and some elbow grease. Then go on to the other suggestions to shine it up.

• Like 1