2016 Titanium rear center light cracks (tailgate light)

I looked through the condensation topic...but I feel like this is a different issue.

What started out looking like condensation on a trip with a lot of rain and temperature variation revealed itself to be cracks in the clear outer cover of the center tail light.

No evidence of any impact (that'd be an insurance problem).

Has anyone else seen this?

Scheduled to get looked at next Wednesday, would love to know if it's something that has come up before.

I can post pictures if I need to.

looks like an impact of some sort. i see slits and cuts, not cracks. the outside elements wouldn't cause that. perhaps your parked somewhere and were backed into by a larger higher vehicle and didn't realize it till after the fact.

No impact. There's no scuffs or scratches anywhere, and I can't imagine a vehicle that could hit just the rear center light, without touching anything else (bumpers, lights in rear quarter panels, nothing) without leaving a mark.

Maybe a jacked up 4 x 4 with pillows strapped to the bumper? ;)

No scuffs or scratches? They’re everywhere!

I was thinking the same thing but I’m thinking he means scuffs or scratches from an obvious impact. That’s probably an expensive piece. I couldn’t stand driving it if it were my car.

No scratches.

What you see in the pictures are cracks.

Edited by Further North

Sorry but that does not look like a faulty part. It looks like damage of some kind which is probably why Ford won’t cover it.

Might be where they're at...but if they can show me how it can get damaged to that extent (all the way across the light and top to bottom) without the slightest scratch or scuff on the light itself, no damage to the lift gate and no damage to the lights in the quarter panels or the quarter panels themselves...I'm all ears and I'll file an insurance claim.

But for now, I'm going with that defying physics. I double checked it tonight to be sure I'd not missed anything...the outside of that light is as smooth as a baby's butt...and there's no single place that shows an impact either...that'd be obvious...

Heck, if I were Ford, I'd want the light so I could figure out what happened to it.

• 1 month later...