Oasis Service report

ONEDGE16

Need help with some investigation: couple of weeks ago got the Wife a 2018 Titanium loaded. all except a slight misalignement on the lift gate which the dealer said will get there bodyshop to take care of. While comparing the lift gate to others on the lot, discovered that it our car was missing the Upper Weather Strip (CJ5Z-7843720-B). the dealer we purchased the car from had the car brought in form another dealership. what i'm trying to understand is that:

- Did the car leave the factory with the missing part? if so how did it pass inspection and what else might be missing?

- If it left the factory with no parts missing; was the lift gate damaged during transport then repaired and they forgot to add a new weatherstrip.

I was hopping if I could get my hand on any service details for the car (if i provide the VIN) it could help shed some light.

Anyone with access to OASIS that could help?

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure what "Oasis" is… :headscratch: …but it is very likely left the assembly plant without the weather strip. These things happen… It happened to us when I noticed that my girlfriend's Mustang was missing a small black moulding above the windshield (one on each corner for convertibles). The previous owner never noticed it and this is why I'm pretty sure it never had one so I bought one ( $70. !! :gaah:) and installed myself, problem solved. :2thumbs:

Claude. ;)

On 11/13/2018 at 11:29 AM, 2FAST4U said:

I'm not sure what "Oasis" is… :headscratch: …but it is very likely left the assembly plant without the weather strip. These things happen… It happened to us when I noticed that my girlfriend's Mustang was missing a small black moulding above the windshield (one on each corner for convertibles). The previous owner never noticed it and this is why I'm pretty sure it never had one so I bought one ( $70. !! :gaah:) and installed myself, problem solved. :2thumbs:

Claude. ;)

IIRC there are two Oasis reports.  One will detail any and all work done on a ford vehicle that was performed at a dealership. I would not be alarmed if the oasis report doesn't reflect oil changes etc (most people do not take their vehicle for maintenance, but most if not all do for warranty work.)

A different Oasis report contains the build sheet. Similar to the window sticker if not the same.  HTH

The OASIS report will pull up any work done by a dealership and charged back to Ford.  It wouldn't likely show any kind of repair for transport damage; transport is the responsibility of a 3rd party and they would take care of any damage on their own.  There is a build sheet (not part of OASIS) but all that will do is tell you what options your car should have, but stuff like the liftgate seals are standard so it won't show that.   Then there are the internal quality systems from the plant.  Those will show what repairs were done to the vehicle at the factory.  But they won't tell you that it left the plant without a part.  If the plant knew the part was missing and it was logged in the system, the vehicle wouldn't be allowed to leave until the part was repaired and the concern cleared.

The truth is many cars have some pretty serious repairs done before they ever leave the plant, you probably wouldn't really want to know what might have been done.  You can check the VIN stickers on the liftgate to make sure they match and if they do, just get the dealer to replace the part and don't worry about it.

Edited by Waldo
  • Like 2