2018 Edge Sport $34,233

pgapromex

I had a 2013 CPO Porsche Panamera S which was about to go out of CPO warranty coverage, wanted a sporty SUV so looked around here in Ocala Florida for a good deal.  Found my preferred color in white at a local dealer priced at $34k and change and went in to make a deal.  They offered me $40k for the Porsche, which wasn't a bad deal considering retail price is around $45k and it is not an easy car to sell in this neck of the woods.  I saved almost $3k in sales taxes by doing the trade in, plus the hassle of selling the Porsche by myself.  My edge sport has the navigation package and the safe and smart package, plus I got them to throw in the cargo package worth about $300.  

Impressions so far:

Engine:  Great performance, eco boost has lots of power at all rpms, surprised how fast this truck is.

Suspension:  Best ride I have seen in an SUV, stays flat in the corners, only thing comparable I have driven is Porsche Macan which is smaller and more expensive.

Comfort:  Love the seats, way more comfortable than my Panamera.  Air conditioning blows colder than my Panamera, which had a V8. Cabin has lots of space, room for golf clubs etc

Tech:  Navigation works fine,  Sony stereo more than adequate.  Standard headlights were weak so I replaced highs and lows with some Phillips Crystalvison Ultra halogen bulbs which are whiter and brighter than standard ones for $40,

Looks:  I love the stance and look of this truck, actually prefer it to the 19 Edge ST

Mileage:  Not that great, about the same as my Panamera, but I don't do that many miles.  I feed it Shell Premium.

Complaints:  I like the no fuel cap design, but unless I am doing something wrong, the fuel door does not lock.

Conclusion:  Love this truck, glad I bought it, learned a lot from reading many threads here before purchase.

IMG-20180920-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 2

Congratulations on the new ride. Hope you enjoy. Good review.

For the fuel door, it does not lock. Most (all?) Ford vehicles are like this. You can get a locking cap if your worried & need to. 

For the headlights, you can also go for factory HID by replacing the complete headlights & making a few edits in ForScan.