Another member of the club

MrHappy

Wife traded her 2011 Sport in today for our new 2019 ST.  I was pleasantly surprised at the improvements across the board.  Performance blue, 401a with cold weather package.  For those like me who didn't like the factory rims based on the pics, see them in person.  For us at least, they looked totally different in person and on the car vs the pics.  Truly an upgrade in every aspect.

• Like 2

Thanks.  So far she's really enjoying and to be honest, the little I drove it I really like it.  Her other one was nice but this one was truly fun to drive.  Also something cool about getting a car with only 6 miles on it knowing you and the factory workers/staff who unloaded it and gassed it up are the only ones who've really driven it. :)  It's not cheap but Z plan pricing discount was significant and the tech is just mind numbing.

• Like 1

Count my wife and I as members of the ST club.  On Monday....brought home our 2019 ST in FPB color, with 401a, 21" wheel, cold weather, and block heater opts. 

Although I have not driven it more than 25miles, I am very happy with the ride quality, tightness, quietness, and handling of the vehicle.  Although we are following a traditional break-in regimen so engine performance has not been pressed....I can say the engine/trans works very smoothly.  Although we were really hoping to find a non-sunroof car (our 2016 Sport had issues with the roof), we were unsuccessful in tracking one down and meeting the timeline set by Ford reacquired vehicles.  At this point, the roof on the ST seems very tight and we are hoping it stays that way.  After a day of work commuting and running errands, my wife really enjoys the ST.  She had trouble with the remote start (Ford Pass) but I suspect that is more user error on my part in setting it up.  

I recall a forum member who had raised concerns about the reviews of the ST's ride quality (among some other concerns) and I can say the ride quality was our biggest concern but also a pleasant surprise.  We had 20" wheels on our 16 Edge Sport and the ride of our ST (with 21's) is as good or maybe slightly better than the 16.  I would expect a 20" equipped ST would provide an even better ride quality.  All this to say, if you have concerns about the ride quality, I would encourage you to at least take one for a spin. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 65SDAK said:

Count my wife and I as members of the ST club.  On Monday....brought home our 2019 ST in FPB color, with 401a, 21" wheel, cold weather, and block heater opts. 

Although I have not driven it more than 25miles, I am very happy with the ride quality, tightness, quietness, and handling of the vehicle.  Although we are following a traditional break-in regimen so engine performance has not been pressed....I can say the engine/trans works very smoothly.  Although we were really hoping to find a non-sunroof car (our 2016 Sport had issues with the roof), we were unsuccessful in tracking one down and meeting the timeline set by Ford reacquired vehicles.  At this point, the roof on the ST seems very tight and we are hoping it stays that way.  After a day of work commuting and running errands, my wife really enjoys the ST.  She had trouble with the remote start (Ford Pass) but I suspect that is more user error on my part in setting it up.  

I recall a forum member who had raised concerns about the reviews of the ST's ride quality (among some other concerns) and I can say the ride quality was our biggest concern but also a pleasant surprise.  We had 20" wheels on our 16 Edge Sport and the ride of our ST (with 21's) is as good or maybe slightly better than the 16.  I would expect a 20" equipped ST would provide an even better ride quality.  All this to say, if you have concerns about the ride quality, I would encourage you to at least take one for a spin

Congrats and welcome to the club. They're now four members with STs on the forum that I know of and the consensus is the ST rides and handles well.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...