Rear Bumper Sill Protector Power Liftgate?

KennyE

2017 Edge Titanium. Has a power liftgate. For some reason  that seems to restrict some of the available vinyl/rubber/carbon protectors for the rear bumper. Anyone have a suggestion, or example, or something that works to protect the top of the rear bumper? We load lots of music gear (amps, guitars, speakers, etc) in and out. Would love to put something on it to protect it against even more scratches. Suggestions?

1 hour ago, 2FAST4U said:

I have the one from Ford which fits perfectly (of course).

Claude.

I was actually hoping to find one that went over the "edge" - ha! I've seen the Ford OEM. I take it that is what you and ezndo have. I'll keep that one in mind, as well. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is a few years old, any update on this bumper guard? I actually ordered from Amazon and I’m hesitant to install since it is a tight fit with the center of the power lift gate on my 2018 and am unsure if this will cause door issues or even paint chipping/rubbing over time. Had this been working for you for a few years? Thanks

On 11/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, KennyE said:

Awesome. Guard ordered. 

I know this thread is a few years old, any update on this bumper guard? I actually ordered from Amazon and I’m hesitant to install since it is a tight fit with the center of the power lift gate on my 2018 and am unsure if this will cause door issues or even paint chipping/rubbing over time. Had this been working for you for a few years? Thanks

28 minutes ago, Mtabers said:

I know this thread is a few years old, any update on this bumper guard? I actually ordered from Amazon and I’m hesitant to install since it is a tight fit with the center of the power lift gate on my 2018 and am unsure if this will cause door issues or even paint chipping/rubbing over time. Had this been working for you for a few years? Thanks

I've had no issues with mine. 

32 minutes ago, Mtabers said:

I've had one of these fitted all year and it's caused no problems with the lift-gate operation. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402914185286?fits=Car+Make%3AFord|Cars+Type%3A2.0+TDCi+Bi-Turbo+AWD|Cars+Year%3A2018|Model%3AEdge|Variant%3ADiesel+SUV|Plat_Gen%3A--|Engine%3A1997cc+154KW+210HP+T9CE%3BT9CF|BodyStyle%3AAWD+--+--&hash=item5dcf8e9046:g:BOYAAOSwwvpgGXcS