2015 vs. 2018 V6 SEL 2WD

gwhite

I had a 2015 V6 SEL that I turned in after the lease was up. My favorite car even (and I've had many).  I loved the way it handled and just "floated" over any kind of pavement with minimal jostling.  I thought it was a no brainer, so I transitioned into exactly the same model for 2018.  So far, I have noticed that the steering seems to be tighter on the new one and the car seems to handle better around turns, but I also feel that road bumps are more noticeable and transmit up through the drivers seat (tire PSI 33 lbs).  There is no mention on the internet, forums, reviews, dealers, FMOCO, or anywhere else regarding any changes to the suspension or steering.  It could be my imagination or because it's a brand new car- I don't know.  Any input out there from 2015 and 2018 Ford Edge owners?

Edited by gwhite

2 hours ago, gwhite said:

Apples to Apples in every way, including tire size. Mirror images between the 2015 and the 2018. Anyone driven a 2015 compared to the 2018?  Maybe it's my imagination- lol

how about the tire brand? my 09 had the oem pirelli all seasons. my 16 has hankooks which as extremely noisy. i run dedicated snow/winter tires in the winter and they are far quieter than the hankooks.

• 1 month later...

I have not driven the 2015 Edge but I had the 2011 escape that I loved, that is once they got done j—— me around about the air conditioner! Now I have the 2018 Edge titanium 3.5L AWD and the vibration is terrible. Of course..”technician can not duplicate problem” and I was sent on my way. Although I love everything else about the car the vibration makes long distance driving miserable.My much less expensive escape rode better with 100,000 miles on it.