For those who bought a Bumper Saver from ASL...

Andry

I sent them pictures in e-mail of the faulty bumper saver they sent me. I will have to now buy the Edge one that is more a sticker than a bumper saver. Here was there reply:

On Jun 18, 2008, at 8:42 AM, asl wrote:

good morning andrea,

we received your pictures, thank you very much. i apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. unfortunately, i have just been informed, that they are no longer producing this item. we will credit your card in the full amount for $43.52 and you do not have to send the bumper pad back. you can just throw it out. thanks.

~ josephine...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea

To: <sales@aslauto.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:29 PM

Subject: Faulty Bumper Saver?

I purchased a Bumper Saver for my Ford Edge and when I was about to

install I noticed all the cracking and flacking of the top layer of

the plastic. Whatever the material might be, it is cracked and pieces

of it are coming off. Please let me know if I get a replacement that

it will not be like this one. I really like the thickness of it.

Thank you.

315420598_KxBoE-M.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be selling mine as it just did not fit the curve of MY bumper cover.

It seems the "curve" on the outside edge is about a 1/4" less than it should be on the ends. If I lay it on the bumber cover and align both ends to the outside edge (rear of the bumper), the center is about a 1/4" in from the rear edge of the bumber cover.

I am in Canada (Toronto) ....

Edit: speeling mistakes :finger:

Edited by Jaak in TO

sorry your bumber cover did not work :) ... IIRC, mine was not exactly perfect, but once you lay down the adhesion liquid and peel off the sticky back, if you lay one half down you can just massage the other half into the radius that works best. it is not precise, but this seemed to work perfect for me as I also recalled when I just laid it on for trail run, it was skewed, but when I tacked it down, I could get exact placement I wanted as it is rubbery and malleable.

I would prefer to get one that I don't need to "adjust" ... just my train of thought ..

I feel ya, but it seems there are few choices for these out there: this one (no longer made), the Ford one (most people say thin and over-priced) and another off eBay (no real reports). When I imply you have to adjust it, it is not a major effort or adjustment - there is some effort required to place these things no matter who's you get - and I would take this thicker model over that Ford one and something over nothing. Just look at the picture in my Gallery, does that not look about perfect when installed?

Saw one of those bumper protectors on the MKX and it looked very nice. It didn't have any logo on it that

I could see, so maybe it was an aftermarket one that fits this vehicle. Looked a lot more substancial (tougher)

than the one they advertise, which is very similar to the Edge protector.

Edited by Blueice

I will be selling mine as it just did not fit the curve of MY bumper cover.

It seems the "curve" on the outside edge is about a 1/4" less than it should be on the ends. If I lay it on the bumber cover and align both ends to the outside edge (rear of the bumper), the center is about a 1/4" in from the rear edge of the bumber cover.

I am in Canada (Toronto) ....

Edit: speeling mistakes :finger:

How much do you want for the protector and would you be willing to ship to california?

How much do you want for the protector and would you be willing to ship to california?

Yes ... will ship to California.

I will look at my invoice and get back to you. Should be less than what I paid for it ... and I do accept USD :yup: :yup:

I will get back to you this evening ... at work.

Edited by Jaak in TO

Yes ... will ship to California.

I will look at my invoice and get back to you. Should be less than what I paid for it ... and I do accept USD :yup: :yup:

I will get back to you this evening ... at work.

Here are the photo's as requested.

As laid on the bumper cover

post-3198-1219191836_thumb.jpg

Box it came in

post-3198-1219191854_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well ... it's STILL up for sale!!! Seems no one is interested .... :reading:

Hi Jaak in To,

I've been looking for some bumper protection for my Edge and live in TO actually Milton, how much are you asking for it? Also how long have you owned it for? And if you have attached it already how easy would it be to reaply it again?

Glenn

Email me at kingfish254@hotmail.com and let me know what you are asking for it. It would need to be shipped to Savannah, GA.

PM sent ... Guess you get first right of refusal seeing as you were interested a while back.

Glen gets second crack!

Jaak

BTW ... it is exactly as depicted in the photos. It has not been used, I did go for the Ford one. It's just me.

I sent them pictures in e-mail of the faulty bumper saver they sent me. I will have to now buy the Edge one that is more a sticker than a bumper saver. Here was there reply:

On Jun 18, 2008, at 8:42 AM, asl wrote:

good morning andrea,

we received your pictures, thank you very much. i apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. unfortunately, i have just been informed, that they are no longer producing this item. we will credit your card in the full amount for $43.52 and you do not have to send the bumper pad back. you can just throw it out. thanks.

~ josephine...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea

To: <sales@aslauto.com>

Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:29 PM

Subject: Faulty Bumper Saver?

I purchased a Bumper Saver for my Ford Edge and when I was about to

install I noticed all the cracking and flacking of the top layer of

the plastic. Whatever the material might be, it is cracked and pieces

of it are coming off. Please let me know if I get a replacement that

it will not be like this one. I really like the thickness of it.

Thank you.

And for those that buy a factory Ford bumper protector . Watch out on the install! Mine was off by about 1/8 " on the backing sheet . I taped down the alignment marked area and carefully peeled off the paper and started the install . When half way through putting it on I realized that even thought the front was aligned correctly the curve along the bumper was off a slight amount . It was too late for me to take it off . Its only a minor amount ,most people wouldn't even notice it . It just bugs me. If installing one measure the rear area also and then align and tape down the front corners to get a perfect install. I'm considering using :rant: a heat gun and removing and putting another one on.

Edited by BLACK ICE

And for those that buy a factory Ford bumper protector . Watch out on the install! Mine was off by about 1/8 " on the backing sheet . I taped down the alignment marked area and carefully peeled off the paper and started the install . When half way through putting it on I realized that even thought the front was aligned correctly the curve along the bumper was off a slight amount . It was too late for me to take it off . Its only a minor amount ,most people wouldn't even notice it . It just bugs me. If installing one measure the rear area also and then align and tape down the front corners to get a perfect install. I'm considering using :rant: a heat gun and removing and putting another one on.

Mine went easy ... did it in my friends shop (Porsche Garage) with the assistance of their staff! This helped.

Glenn ... it's yours!!! PM sent