Electronic Muffler Bypass Valve

Sage

• 2 weeks later...

No I haven't, but I think you are talking about something like this. Look into the vacuum activated ones, word on the street is heat gets to the electric ones. I was at a shop where someone  had just installed some on a turbo BMW . There was very little difference in volume as the turbo acted as mufflers. The owner myself and the installer were surprised. Also he already had a cat back system that was loud to start with. Good luck and go for it . 

RRP_MagnaFlow_05.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Yep, something like that.  I agree with the turbos acting like mufflers, but I have already put an “X” pipe in place of the res..  That made more of a diff than one might expect.  The company I mentioned has a 5 year warranty on the valve and motor, but am also considering the vacuumed operated valves.  As I understand it, the vacuum operating valves last many years.  

7 hours ago, Sage said:

Yep, something like that.  I agree with the turbos acting like mufflers, but I have already put an “X” pipe in place of the res..  That made more of a diff than one might expect.  The company I mentioned has a 5 year warranty on the valve and motor, but am also considering the vacuumed operated valves.  As I understand it, the vacuum operating valves last many years.  

When you say the X pipe made more of a diff what do you mean? was it louder or what? 

42 minutes ago, Xtra said:

When you say the X pipe made more of a diff what do you mean? was it louder or what? 

Basic exhaust system shown. Edge has one 'suitcase' muffler, not two as shown. The Resonator helps to control the sound by slowing/expanding the exhaust. Without it, you might get a drone sound which is not pleasant. Some don't care about the drone.  The x-pipe 'crosses' the two exhaust flows and replaces the resonator. Should reduce back pressure, increase performance.

If you look at MRTs page, it lists the axle-back exhaust with a '2' drone.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 4.12.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 4.15.46 PM.png

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

The exhaust has a better/louder tone when giving a bit more than light throttle.  Since I still have the big stock muffler, I do not have any drone at highway speeds.  I believe the turbos help with that as well.  Now, the exhaust tone is not like a V8 would have, but I feel is better with the X pipe.

Edited by Sage
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt recommend cutouts on a stock system, its just noise.......and not a very nice noise at that.  however, running 2.5" all the way back from the turbos really freed up some ponies and i would recommend running cutouts with the stock suitcase muffler as we did in the downpipe thread.  nice a quiet on the highway and loud/ pick up a good bit of power (due to less restriction) when you want noise and power.

• Like 1