ST Sway Bar Size

Sage

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, Sage said:

I do not believe anyone makes a larger sway bar, but does anyone know what size the bar is in the 19 ST?  

Thanks

Perhaps the Sport's aftermarket bar will work as from what I read there are no dimensional changes in the platform, just some different components used. Sport's rear bar is 24.7mm, the ADDCO unit is 28.7 mm and has two holes for soft and hard settings. "Soft will be 36% stiffer that stock and hard is 62% stiffer the bar will be slightly larger than the stock but is solid bar and a stiffer steel."

23 hours ago, Sage said:

I had read that the ST bar is different than the Sport, but not sure.

18 hours ago, Perblue said:

I did too. I'm trying to find it in my spare time. I can't recall size but i know they are supposed to be solid.

Sure it may be "different" but the platform/suspension geometry has not changed.  

The following is from an Autoweek ST article. It says the rear ASB is hollow, but thicker (vs standard Edge, wish it was compared to the Sport's suspension).

"Naturally, the standard Edge suspension is retuned for the ST...Spring rates increase 10 percent in front, and the standard hollow stabilizer bar is replaced with a larger diameter -- and solid -- bar. In back, the standard twin-tube shocks are replaced with mono-tubes. The sway bar (still hollow) is thicker, and spring rates increase 20 percent."

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/12/2021 at 2:34 PM, thecolin85 said:

great question, I would assume so. I'm currently on the hunt for a thicker aftermarket sway bar solution for my '19 SEL 2.0....

The 15-18 platform has the ADDCO 1.125" bar, PN 2452.  "The ADDCO bar will have two holes, soft and hard setting. Soft will be 36% stiffer that stock and hard is 62% stiffer the bar will be slightly larger than the stock but is solid bar and a stiffer steel".  Should work on the 19+ also as the chassis itself has not changed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

3 hours ago, NeuroBeaker said:

If using a much stiffer sway bar setup with stock springs, would this result in increased comfort in the ride? I'm currently getting a little motion sick on interstates when crosswind or turbulent air from trucks gives me a bit of sway.

All the best,

Andrew.

Not sure which model of Edge you may have, but. I never found a stiffer sway bar than the one that came on my ST.  I have not noticed any swaying as you mentioned.  I did find a front strut tower support brace and I do like the better feed back on the steering when in corners.  To me, it did tighten up the flex in the front end when cornering.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 6:14 PM, Sage said:

Not sure which model of Edge you may have, but. I never found a stiffer sway bar than the one that came on my ST.  I have not noticed any swaying as you mentioned.  I did find a front strut tower support brace and I do like the better feed back on the steering when in corners.  To me, it did tighten up the flex in the front end when cornering.  

Thanks Sage.  :)

I've got a 2015 Titanium with the V6 and AWD.  Which front strut tower support brace did you opt for?

All the best,

Andrew.