Hi, I own a 2017 Ford Edge with a Vista roof. I’ve taken my car to the service department several times due to wind noise. The service personnel just informed me that the noise is coming from the Vista Roof and that it is deemed “Acceptable”. How do they determine what’s “Acceptable” by merely listening to it? 

Has anyone else heard anything about excessive wind noise caused by a Vista roof? 

Who should I contact about it, since obviously my dealership is not going to take care of the problem.

Thanks in advance! 

Debbie, bring your Edge to another dealer. The vista ("panoramic") roof shouldn't be making any road noise at all. I've had two Edges (and I've just ordered a new 2019), all with the vista roof and there has never been any road noise coming from them.

Good luck,

Claude. ;)

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Thanks 1

I spoke to my service manager about the BAMR and he told me about the rain gutters located at the top of the windshield and how they can get plugged and cause problems with water getting in the cabin.   I would recommend  to anyone who is still under factory warranty to have their vista roof cleaned and lubed just before the warranty expires. Just tell the service manager that it is slowing down and it sounds as if the motor is working hard to make it move.  This way it will be in top shape after the warranty expires. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Xtra said:

I spoke to my service manager about the BAMR and he told me about the rain gutters located at the top of the windshield and how they can get plugged and cause problems with water getting in the cabin.   I would recommend  to anyone who is still under factory warranty to have their vista roof cleaned and lubed just before the warranty expires. Do this even if it is running perfect just tell the service manager that it is slowing down and it sounds as if the motor is working hard to make it move.  This way it will be in top shape after the warranty expires.  

Might as well lie to him,  He's only going to lie to you about how something is normal and I don't hear the funny noise.  lol;)

• 1 month later...

Hopefully, your Edge is still under warranty. Also, not all automotive technicians are equal in their abilities to fix an issue. What I would suggest is test drive another Edge with a vista roof and compare the noise level. Then take the service advisor for a ride and show him the difference. What may be “satisfactory” to them, may not be for you. It may just need a minor adjustment. Mine is as sound as a hard roof.

If the dealership still won’t address your issue to your satisfaction, then find another dealership who is more willing to address the issue. Also, google wind noise complaints on your specific vehicle year.