LMS Tune

Sage

I had installed the LMS 93 octane, V3 tune a bit ago.  As can happen, I started to wonder if it was really making a difference.  A couple of weeks ago, I re-installed the stock tune for a couple of weeks.  I had two appointments a couple of weeks apart to get the TSB done on the trans and than a week later the adaptive headlight software done.  

I re-installed the 93 tune yesterday and took a drive today,  it does make a difference.  

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

Doesn't the TSB involve flashing the PCM? Shouldn't you get an updated tune from LMS and stored the new stock tune? 

I am not really sure how it is supposed to work, but that was my understanding. 

Not sure, I thought the LMS tune worked with the ECM.  I will give them a call and ask.  I will update what I find here.

Edited by Sage

Interesting. When I had a PCM updated in Feb, prior to the official TSB, I had a new strategy code... my LMS wouldn't even connect. I'm guessing that the cloud now 'knows' about the new PCM.

I would recommend reaching out to them. Hopefully you saved the stock after the PCM update! Otherwise you might be reverting to the old 'bad' shift points the next time you revert to stock.

A bit boring reading how the tune "does" make a difference. 

In my experience v3 took a 14 second car and made it a 12 second car. 

I would say crazy unbelievable improvement is the word. That's on 93 octane. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 037 said:

A bit boring reading how the tune "does" make a difference. 

In my experience v3 took a 14 second car and made it a 12 second car. 

I would say crazy unbelievable improvement is the word. That's on 93 octane. 

It is unfortunate that my post bores you.  I recommend when you see a post that I make, just skip over it, as it is not my intention to bore anyone.  

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, bobyellow said:

Interesting. When I had a PCM updated in Feb, prior to the official TSB, I had a new strategy code... my LMS wouldn't even connect. I'm guessing that the cloud now 'knows' about the new PCM.

I would recommend reaching out to them. Hopefully you saved the stock after the PCM update! Otherwise you might be reverting to the old 'bad' shift points the next time you revert to stock.

I gave LMS a call and was told, like what happened to you, if the strategy code changed on the Edge, the LMS device will not connect.  Looks like I lucked out this time and will be more attentive next time.

6 hours ago, Sage said:

I gave LMS a call and was told, like what happened to you, if the strategy code changed on the Edge, the LMS device will not connect.  Looks like I lucked out this time and will be more attentive next time.

Or the dealership did not really update the PCM. On many occasions when my dealer had told me they "updated" a module I found out they simply "reset" it or just reloaded the factory "As Built Data". 

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

Or the dealership did not really update the PCM. On many occasions when my dealer had told me they "updated" a module I found out they simply "reset" it or just reloaded the factory "As Built Data". 

I thought of that as well, but not sure how to double check that.