49 minutes ago, Anthony A said:

I love my ford edge. I opened the sunroof all the way and have issue closing. It starts to close then stalls. Note - The shades close all the way 

Guessing you meant to ask a question and that question would be......how do I fix this?

Take a look at this YouTube video.  I did 'most' of what's shown (didn't actually remove the glass) and it worked out well.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all,

I haven’t had that issue yet, but has anyone had their moveable sunroof break? I was driving the interstate and heard, what I thought was a large rock hit the sunroof. When I inspected it, sure enough, there was a large crack overhead.

Not to start a “conspiracy theory”, but I have been reading of cracking or exploding large sunroofs, primarily on Kia and Hyundai vehicles, amongst others. The Ford Edge with “panoramic” sunroofs were also mentioned. 

I believe it was an article in one Consumer Reports article “Exploding Sunroofs: Danger Overhead”.

Its a very informative read with a few YouTube articles also.

Mine broke because of a rock that got kicked up, but didn’t shatter because it was laminated. When I went to the shop the insurance company was steered to. I looked at it before installation. As it turned out it was a Pilkington glass sunroof with a Ford logo and to make matters worse, it was tempered and not a laminated one. I didn’t accept the explanation the sunroof company gave me and they said Ford reengineered their sunroofs. I went to the Ford dealership to look what they are putting in the new ST,, and guess what, it was a Pilkington with a Ford logo that was tempered. I called Carlite and they are going to get back with me. In the meantime, I’ll just keep it taped with clear Gorilla tape. Consumer reports recommends laminate over tempered, I guess for obvious reasons.

Will I still buy another Ford with a panoramic roof. Of course, I love that feeling of having a convertible without the noise which sometimes comes along with one.

Edited by scorpionking0102
Spelling and added content.

• 2 months later...