Navigation and radio acting crazy

pbwhhw

The navigation/maps in my 2016 Edge Titanium have gone crazy.  The display will suddenly show what looks like a rifle scope and start jumping all over the place.  We have watched it tell us we were in NC, TN, and KY in a 3 minute span.  While using the navigation it has suddenly dropped our location.  The volume on the radio goes up on its own to unbearable levels and it will switch stations.  It will come on by itself.  I had the dealer update the software and for about two weeks the problems seemed to be solved.  Then it began again more aggressive than before.  The update came with the Auto Android app.  We started using the app and Google maps for navigating to avoid the Sync 3 craziness.  Yesterday the Google Maps on the Android app started jumping all over the place!  It's like there is a ghost in the machine!

Has anyone else experienced this?  What is the fix?

There was just a recent update released for the Sync 3 software. I haven't seen the link on my owner site just yet, but I've been told it's available. There are download links to the unofficial release of v3.0.19119 if you want to try that. I did it and it works much better than the previous version.

I wasn't having the radio issues you are but it could very well be that there is a glitch in the file they flashed. You can perform these updates yourself without having to go to the dealer. 

I had to update the USB module on my 2016 Edge SEL but I have an iPhone and it requires a specific module that wasn't included in 2016 to have CarPlay work. Sounds like Android Auto doesn't require a special module, which is a nice part for you.

These recent Sync system updates are addressing issues with GPS location information. My concern previously was specifically for speed data

2 hours ago, mvan231 said:

I had to update the USB module on my 2016 Edge SEL but I have an iPhone and it requires a specific module that wasn't included in 2016 to have CarPlay work. Sounds like Android Auto doesn't require a special module, which is a nice part for you.

These recent Sync system updates are addressing issues with GPS location information. My concern previously was specifically for speed data

I have a Huawei P20 Pro Android phone and I had to update the module in my '16 Titanium so the Android Auto app would work. Everything's fine now.;)

Claude.

• Like 1