Sprint Booster V3 installed - 2 Thumbs Up !!

vmaxbaby

!! Warning Long Post !!  LOL 

Well installed my sprint box Saturday and have put about 100 miles on the car so far. And I can tell you a huge difference with throttle response. YouTube sprint booster v3 for those that don’t know what they do you will find a ton of videos on them. They have a three-year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee so I figure I got nothing to lose and every video I watched was always positive so I decided to get one myself. You have sport mode with nine settings you have race mode with nine settings I default it to sport mode setting 6 and have race mode set to setting 9. So here is my 2 cents on it. Normal drive mode on the ST with the booster on it feels like you’re in sport mode accelerator is very snappy if you just touch it a little bit you move and there is no delay on the accelerator pedal, before it seem like I could push the pedal down maybe an inch or 2 inches before I would get a response now it is instant and when I Stand on the go pedal no delay instant response, when I put it in sport mode and the booster on setting six it feels like a completely different animal and it’s not something that you think you feel the difference you definitely feel the difference the throttle response is the way it should’ve been from the factory.  I also tested it in setting 9 and felt it was to sensitive I mean you just touch the pedal and it is snapping you back in the seat and couldn't feather by driving enough to make it smooth so I found 6 to be perfect for me.   

Now this isn’t a tune replacement you don’t get more horsepower with this what you get is a couple things; throttle response that is instant and also the throttle body opens up 100%.  Where in factory mode even if you floored it the computer decides how much the throttle body opens and it will eventually open 100%. I can’t speak for the edge ST but the tuner that tuned my Shelby says a lot of cars he has tuned when they stand on it the computer opens 80% and as long as you keep your foot in it and then computer recognizes that and gives you a little bit more and as long as you still have it floored it opens more every few milliseconds or seconds. With the SPRINT booster if you floor it the device sends a signal to the throttle body to open it 100% immediately.  Maybe the manufacture doesn’t want you to have 100% right away to save on powertrain issues that they would have to warranty the tuner doesn’t quite know why that is but that is his best guess and this device bypasses all that,  you punch it you’re getting 100%.

I am super happy with this device and I realize a tune would also do this and give more power and torque however I have extended powertrain warranty and with my dealer from past experience if I had an issue and they read the code and see that I’ve changed the tune he would use that as an excuse not to Warranty. And since I don’t have faith in this new transmission the last thing I would want is to be replacing it and getting a bill for three or $4000 that I would have to pay out-of-pocket,  and I know the second part to the statement they have to prove the tune broke the transmission but the flipside is they can put it back on you and say "prove that it didn’t"  and I don’t know how you would go about that,  you can get a lawyer and go through all that but at the end of the day it’ll be painful and stressful so as much as I would love to have a tune right now until I know the transmission is more bullet proof I have to hold off,  but this device truly installed in about three minutes so if it has to go back to the dealer under warranty three minutes later you unplug it.

I got mine from https://www.pandamotorworks.com/  They were the cheapest around and gave me a great price on it. Also the same place I bought my borla exhaust from because they were cheaper than anyone else I could fine.

So if you’re like me and feel the car is not responsive enough I suggest giving this a try you have 30 days to send it back but I think after five minute drive in the car you’ll never do that.  Nobody on here knows me but believe me I  I know all about performance and speed I have modified the crap out of most of my toys http://www.flairphoto2.com  and would NEVER stated the above facts if it wasn't true...If I thought it sucked I would tell you.  Anyhow just wanted to give you my report on this cool little device. 

booster.JPG

• Like 2

You're right, Ford does often prevent full throttle openings, especially at low speeds.  They do this specifically to reduce the torque going through the drivetrain to make it last longer.  If what you have is doing what you say it is, then it's exactly the same as a tune, it's putting more torque than stock through the drivetrain and it is accelerating the wear on the drivetrain.  This will void your warranty just as much as a tune will and the dealers have ways of determining if you have done something like this even if you have removed it.  So beware.

13 hours ago, Waldo said:

You're right, Ford does often prevent full throttle openings, especially at low speeds.  They do this specifically to reduce the torque going through the drivetrain to make it last longer.  If what you have is doing what you say it is, then it's exactly the same as a tune, it's putting more torque than stock through the drivetrain and it is accelerating the wear on the drivetrain.  This will void your warranty just as much as a tune will and the dealers have ways of determining if you have done something like this even if you have removed it.  So beware.

It's not the same as a tune, it's a plug & play device. The PCM isn't overwritten so there's no way that can Ford detect that it was ever installed.

The only way that Ford can detect it is if you were dumb enough to leave it connected and took the vehicle in for warranty work.

• Like 1

Easy install plug and play and you can disconnect the cable that runs to the control box if you don't want it mounted.  I mounted mine beside steering wheel.  Total install time 10 minutes.  Throttle response is dead on at setting 5, turn it up to setting 9 and if you sneeze your taking off like rocket lol

Green is sport mood, push button again and it is race mode which is to sensitive for the street but i have used it at a light when a old durango was beside me trying to jump in front of me after the light turned green.  Still not as good as a 93 octane tune fro\m LMS but will hold me over for a while.

booster (2).JPG

• Like 1

Here's an interesting alternative to the Sprint Booster. I like that it's Bluetooth enabled and can be controlled by your smart device.  You can tuck the attached controller out of the way and forget about it. The same part number works for my Mustang so if I don't like how it works on my Nautilus i can switch it over to the other car.

Pedal Commander

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, handfiler said:

It's not the same as a tune, it's a plug & play device. The PCM isn't overwritten so there's no way that can Ford detect that it was ever installed.

The only way that Ford can detect it is if you were dumb enough to leave it connected and took the vehicle in for warranty work.

There are more ways than just the electronic traces to see if something has been modified.  I'm not saying it would be a clear cut case, but Ford has published documents to dealers on how to inspect for signs that vehicles have been modified beyond just the memory in the electronics.

With these kinds of devices, you just have to ask yourself "If it's really so much better, why didn't it come from the factory that way"? 

Guessing it didn't come that way either so you couldn't have WOT immediately for emissions,  or to keep someone from having full power immediately, but i know when you speed 40K on a performance vehicle you should be able to use it all.  Same with our oem tune they limit boost in 1st and 2nd which is why these ST's aren't  quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile.  3rd party tune fixes it so you know Ford engineers could have also but maybe they don't have faith in their parts they spec?  Shame on them if that is the reason. 

Also it really is that much better :)

Edited by vmaxbaby

56 minutes ago, vmaxbaby said:

Guessing it didn't come that way either so you couldn't have WOT immediately for emissions,  or to keep someone from having full power immediately, but i know when you speed 40K on a performance vehicle you should be able to use it all.  Same with our oem tune they limit boost in 1st and 2nd which is why these ST's aren't  quicker 0-60 and 1/4 mile.  3rd party tune fixes it so you know Ford engineers could have also but maybe they don't have faith in their parts they spec?  Shame on them if that is the reason. 

Also it really is that much better :)

I just went back to stock so it could go to the dealer.  Let me tell you I can not wait to get my oil change down and get it back and put the tune back on.  I have oil changes and tire rotations in my lease so I let them do it. 

• Like 1