Can I disable artificial engine sound in cabin?

18 hours ago, Jombi said:

That should get it done.  Be sure you've read and understand how FORScan works before making changes and keep track of the OEM settings in case you have to or want to go back at some point.  There's a very complete tutorial on the FORScan site but I found this one on a Fusion forum a little easier to read and understand.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Thanks, I found an easy cheaper way to get rid of the ANC, there are 3 mics in the Edge ST, 2 front one rear. I pulled the seal up on the rear top of the hatch opening and gently pulled down the headliner, its held up with magnets. Got enough room without doing anything else to squeeze my hand in there and popped off the plug to that mic, and the ANC is now off. 

6 minutes ago, dajo2012 said:

My 2020 does not seem to have it.  I have never heard one with  the piped in sound but all I hear is engine winding up a very pleasing sound to me. I would like to hear the ANC it if someone could post video.

It was disabled sometime during the 2019 model year.  Software updates will disable it on early build 2019s.

12 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:

A Car & Driver article mentioned the piped in sound for the ST noting it only happens when the 'sport' button is pressed.  That kind of makes sense. 

Also true but that's what the software update disabled midway through the 2019 model year.

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

Also true but that's what the software update disabled midway through the 2019 model year.

Disabled completely or reduced?

On my 2016 Sport, it is there but just a bit. Opening the driver's door (just to get the interior lights on) will disable it and the difference is noticable. But it no where as much or annoying as what I heard in reviews for the 2019 ST when it came out.

16 hours ago, omar302 said:

Disabled completely or reduced?

On my 2016 Sport, it is there but just a bit. Opening the driver's door (just to get the interior lights on) will disable it and the difference is noticable. But it no where as much or annoying as what I heard in reviews for the 2019 ST when it came out.

Reports were it was completely disabled but I don't think we ever got an official answer.