First impressions

Tronjo

Today picked my Edge ST: Magnetic, 20", 401A. Before it drove 2013 Limited and 2016 Sport, both with 401A . Here are my first impressions: It looks like Sport, but it is different animal. Smoother and quieter. The seats are probably the best I have ever been into. The balance between performance, convenience and enjoyment of driving is excellent.  And frankly, I don't care some saying that it "does not deserve the ST badge".  If Ford say it does, so be it.  And I believe that the next iteration will be even better.   

14 hours ago, omar302 said:

Congratulations on the new ST. Tell us more on the 2016 Sport vs 2019 ST differences please.

There is nothing much more I can say now on ST vs Sport. Maybe in a week or two or after a longer drive out town.  One thing that may sound strange, knowing that the coil stiffness had been increased,(front by 10% and rear by 20%), is that ST seems more agreeable to small bumps compare to Sport. I am driving the same streets as the last three years and ST is definitely more enjoyable. I am not sure that the stiffness increase I red about was relative to the Sport model and not the the regular Edge, never saw this directly claimed. So maybe the whole new suspension  redesign and tuning plays some role here .      

15 hours ago, Tronjo said:

I am not sure that the stiffness increase I red about was relative to the Sport model and not the the regular Edge, never saw this directly claimed.

I noticed the same thing when reading info released on the ST. Felt like they ignored that the Sport ever existed and did not state what exact improvements where made compared to the Sport. Thanks for the feedback. Also, did you have the 21" or 20" wheels on the Sport?

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

I noticed the same thing when reading info released on the ST. Felt like they ignored that the Sport ever existed and did not state what exact improvements where made compared to the Sport. Thanks for the feedback. Also, did you have the 21" or 20" wheels on the Sport?

On the Sport I had 21".