Did you guys read that ?

2FAST4U

I don't know if you guys read this thread entitled "You already have a vacum pump to change PTU oil"  but I think it's the stupidest thread I've read in a long time.:hammer_self: ---> The guy who posted this can't be serious… Do you really think that sending all that old oil full possibly full of metal particles into the engine is a safe thing to do?…  Think of all the dirt you'll be sending inside your engine, not counting the damage that can be done to the exhaust system's components (foul the catalytic converter and also the oxygen sensors, etc…) I think that writing dumb posts like that is simply giving members here some truly bad advice! :finger:  If you don't believe me, ask your Ford dealer about doing this and see what they'll say…  :doh:

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

I don't know if you guys read this thread entitled "You already have a vacum pump to change PTU oil"  but I think it's the stupidest thread I've read in a long time.:hammer_self: ---> The guy who posted this can't be serious… Do you really think that sending all that old oil full possibly full of metal particles into the engine is a safe thing to do?…  Think of all the dirt you'll be sending inside your engine, not counting the damage that can be done to the exhaust system's components (foul the catalytic converter and also the oxygen sensors, etc…) I think that writing dumb posts like that is simply giving members here some truly bad advice! :finger:  If you don't believe me, ask your Ford dealer about doing this and see what they'll say…  :doh:

Reread the post if you use a long enough transparent hose you can see when the dirty oil gets close to the engine.  I used an icemaker hose and the oil was drained several feet before reaching engine.  As far as asking a ford dealer, they all say you do not need to change ptu oil for 100,000 miles. Now what is the stupidest post

Edited by bubbadewsky

6 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

We should consider the risk of an unsuspecting member trying such a daft idea.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bubbadewsky said:

Reread the post if you use a long enough transparent hose you can see when the dirty oil gets close to the engine.  I used an icemaker hose and the oil was drained several feet before reaching engine.  As far as asking a ford dealer, they all say you do not need to change ptu oil for 100,000 miles. Now what is the stupidest post

It’s a ridiculous idea and an unnecessary risk.  You can get an extractor for $25 or just suck on the hose.

• Like 2