Integrated Blind Spot Mirrors

Can u please post the left and right part numbers?

Thanks

use the part numbers already provided by Ablb, plug them into the websites search part number function, and you will see the same info he already provided

9T4Z17K707C $74.98 $0.00 $51.74 GLASS ASY - REAR VIE

9T4Z17K707D $74.98 $0.00 $51.74 GLASS ASY - REAR VIE

but not sure where er65nsunny gets $120 for a pair?

it is a pretty convoluted search function.. put in "glass" for example and you get no results, but clearly "glass" is used in the terms..

use the part numbers already provided by Ablb, plug them into the websites search part number function, and you will see the same info he already provided

9T4Z17K707C $74.98 $0.00 $51.74 GLASS ASY - REAR VIE

9T4Z17K707D $74.98 $0.00 $51.74 GLASS ASY - REAR VIE

but not sure where er65nsunny gets $120 for a pair?

it is a pretty convoluted search function.. put in "glass" for example and you get no results, but clearly "glass" is used in the terms..

Maybe the 120.00 is with shipping and or tax??

Items Ordered:

Item: GLASS ASY - REAR VIE

Price: $51.74

Tax: $0.00

Qty: 1

Total: $51.74

Price: $55.80

Total: $55.80

-----------------------------

Items Total: $107.54

Shipping: $11.83

Handling Fee: $0.00

Order Total: $119.37

You want 9T4Z17K707B and 9T4Z17K707D if you have the puddle lamps. The passenger side is $55.80 and the drivers side is $51.74

post-4593-1226588513_thumb.jpg

Edited by er65nsunny

you want 9T4Z17K707B and 9T4Z17K707D if you have the puddle lamps. The passenger side is $55.80 and the drivers side is $51.74

Thanks for that clarification. I just ordered mine from my brothers body shop giving him an SEL Vin number. Just called him back to give him a Limited Vin. Just in time!!. The Limited comes standard with heat and puddle lamps as my '07 SEL does. The new '09 SEL does not have that as standard or perhaps even optional equipment.

Items Ordered:

Price: $51.74

Total: $51.74

Price: $55.80

Total: $55.80

-----------------------------

Items Total: $107.54

Shipping: $11.83

Handling Fee: $0.00

Order Total: $119.37

You want 9T4Z17K707B and 9T4Z17K707D if you have the puddle lamps. The passenger side is $55.80 and the drivers side is $51.74

Do you have a Limited? I will be curious to see this goes for you guys.

I could see how heated mirrors matter, but not sure why having puddle lamps plays a role or not. the puddle lamps do not interact with the glass of the mirror like the heat does, so why would that matter. also, why would the passengers be more costly?

Do you have a Limited? I will be curious to see this goes for you guys.

I could see how heated mirrors matter, but not sure why having puddle lamps plays a role or not. the puddle lamps do not interact with the glass of the mirror like the heat does, so why would that matter. also, why would the passengers be more costly?

I'm wondering the same thing? Why so many mirrors? :shrug:

After seeing them, I'm not going to change the passenger mirror

ab

I'm thinking puddle lamps and heated mirrors will be the same package, can't have one without the other. This would mean that the wiring harness or connector would play a role. Maybe the "Limited" has a connector for power where as the others don't?

Just guessing here

Research research reserach I love it.

I'm always telling my friends "you can answer any question on the internet" but it's not helping much on this one.

ab

the defrost function is part of the glass mirror face itself... so that makes sense you need that model to keep that function

but the puddle lamp, having pulled them apart and made my own custom LED bulbs months ago, has nothing to do with the glass mirror and is part of the side view mirrors body, not the glass mirror itself we are looking to replace. you could rip off the glass mirror and still have the puddle lamp.. so again, not sure how replacing the glass mirror face plays any role in this relative to puddle lamps. I believe it does not in anyway and is only being caught up in the fact that a Limited that has puddle lamps has defrost mirror.. but that is the extent of the relationship. they do not work together in any way.

OK so now that we have that out of the way does anyone know the easiest way of removing and replacing the mirror glass?

I found this procedure pertaining to a 2004 F150 so maybe the Edge has it's own little trick (which I couldn't find)

1. Position exterior mirror glass in the full UP position.

2. Locate the notch at the bottom of the exterior mirror glass.

3. Release the mirror glass

Insert a long flat head screwdriver in the notch.

Push the screwdriver into the notch until the glass

is released.

Note: If equipped with heated mirrors disconnect the electrical connector from the exterior mirror glass.

Installation:

1. If equipped with heated mirrors, connect the electrical connector to the back of the mirror.

2. Position the exterior mirror glass onto the mirror motor.

3. Place one hand on the back of the exterior mirror housing and hand flat on the exterior mirror glass.

Press the mirror glass in place until fully seated.

You could place a towel between your hand and the mirror in case the mirror breaks while you are applying pressure.

OK so now that we have that out of the way does anyone know the easiest way of removing and replacing the mirror glass?

I found this procedure pertaining to a 2004 F150 so maybe the Edge has it's own little trick (which I couldn't find)

1. Position exterior mirror glass in the full UP position.

2. Locate the notch at the bottom of the exterior mirror glass.

3. Release the mirror glass

Insert a long flat head screwdriver in the notch.

Push the screwdriver into the notch until the glass

is released.

Note: If equipped with heated mirrors disconnect the electrical connector from the exterior mirror glass.

Installation:

1. If equipped with heated mirrors, connect the electrical connector to the back of the mirror.

2. Position the exterior mirror glass onto the mirror motor.

3. Place one hand on the back of the exterior mirror housing and hand flat on the exterior mirror glass.

Press the mirror glass in place until fully seated.

You could place a towel between your hand and the mirror in case the mirror breaks while you are applying pressure.

Looks like Lex might know.

But you might as well wait until you get your mirrors, maybe you'll get instructions.

My 05 F250 instructions say to

"(1) On both electric and manually actuated mirrors push the convex spotter glass both upward and outboard as far as possible as shown in Figure A. (LH shown - RH opposite)

(2) Remove the Backing Plate assembly by inserting a screwdriver between the Backing Plate and the case rear (as shown in Figure A), and prise the backing plate from its pivot with the screwdriver."

No notch just push up/out and pry it off, the main mirror instructions are the same.

ab

this should be a plug and play breeze to do...

BTW, I got to thinking.. not that I would, but I would think that the MKX auto dimming side mirror glass would also work in an Edge. On Edge's with auto dimming rear view mirror, the same sensor turns on the lights and dims the mirror and dims the navi... so I would think it would also dim a side view mirror if connected. the question is if the wiring/pins is/are in place. just like with the BAMR light panel being ready to be lit once the correct pins were found & wired up, I would be curious to see the wiring that leads to an Edge side view mirror and the wiring to a dimable MKX side mirror... I bet it can be done.

this should be a plug and play breeze to do...

BTW, I got to thinking.. not that I would, but I would think that the MKX auto dimming side mirror glass would also work in an Edge. On Edge's with auto dimming rear view mirror, the same sensor turns on the lights and dims the mirror and dims the navi... so I would think it would also dim a side view mirror if connected. the question is if the wiring/pins is/are in place. just like with the BAMR light panel being ready to be lit once the correct pins were found & wired up, I would be curious to see the wiring that leads to an Edge side view mirror and the wiring to a dimable MKX side mirror... I bet it can be done.

Bad news for the MKX.

I finally found a dealer, 1 out of 3 with some (2) 09 MKX's.

Same mirror as our 08 :censored: .

I'll be ordering a 09 Edge mirror Monday from my closest Ford dealer.

ab

On our 2008 Edge limited, the green connector behind the drivers side windshield pillar moulding has the wires that run from the interior mirror but the wires don't come out the other side. I don't know if their would be anyway to run the wires from that connector to the door mirror. Their doesn't seem to be enough room to reach the connector that runs from the vehicle to the door harness.

Hello again

Sad to say but...

I attempted to install the new mirrors today. Actually my brother did and before I could tell him to do the right side first in case it broke or had problems it was too late. I made a 150 mile trip to meet him at my fathers for a pre-Thanksgiving get together so I didn't want to drive home without a driver side mirror. Anyhow he had a hard time in getting enough room to see behind the mirror and as he was working the screwdriver to release the clips the mirror glass suddenly did pop off. Problem was that the disc attached to the motor where the new mirror would connect to also came off as in snapped off. It is very difficult to get these clips off, even after seeing just how it was held in and trying the other mirror my brother just had to stop in fear of that one breaking also. I now have a taped on left side mirror and will see if the motor can be replaced or just buy a complete left mirror assembly, hopefully an '09 if there is no change in design or mounting brackets.

The first picture will be the old mirror as it came off with the motor housing disc still attached. I also have 2 pictures of the back side of the new mirror showing the clips

Old mirror with the motor disc attached

th_11-16-08003.jpg

New mirror

th_11-16-08010.jpg

th_11-16-08007.jpg

that sucks.. thanks for being the beta tester. sorry it happened. the photos help.

before you go and replace a motor and a bunch of unneeded additional cost, why not fully separate the mirror from the broken disk base (as you were trying to do), use a 2 part epoxy mix and bond that disk base back onto the motor as original, then 'snap' the mirror (old or new) back on as it should be? 2 part epoxy is stout stuff, the mirrors are not used much nor carry much weight, you might be surprised that you can epoxy that disk right back to the motor, let sit for 24 hours as it cures and be good to go as it 'looks' like you have some good flat full circle (so even load) surface area to work with (sand it lightly first). JB Weld is awesome epoxy and I bet it will hold.

that sucks.. thanks for being the beta tester. sorry it happened. the photos help.

before you go and replace a motor and a bunch of unneeded additional cost, why not fully separate the mirror from the broken disk base (as you were trying to do), use a 2 part epoxy mix and bond that disk base back onto the motor as original, then 'snap' the mirror (old or new) back on as it should be? 2 part epoxy is stout stuff, the mirrors are not used much nor carry much weight, you might be surprised that you can epoxy that disk right back to the motor, let sit for 24 hours as it cures and be good to go as it 'looks' like you have some good flat full circle (so even load) surface area to work with (sand it lightly first). JB Weld is awesome epoxy and I bet it will hold.

Wouldn't work, too many pieces but I think the motor providing it has that plastic disc attached is only about 25-30.00

I'll let you know