Integrated Blind Spot Mirrors

Regardless of what some on here say, this is a great idea and if you follow these directions, very easy. Popping the new ones on is a bit tricky because I was a little nervous about smacking the mirror head. I held a towel over the glass and smacked the back of the mirror. I also tugged slightly on the corners to make sure they were seated. Don't forget to move the metal clips from the old glass to new. I got to do the passenger side twice because I didn't think. This forum is really very helpful. Now on to the next improvement.

• 1 year later...

This is a great topic!

How do I know if my 2007 Edge SEL has heated or autodimming mirrors?

When you start you use your defroster - does it defrost your mirror? and if someone one is behind you do they dim like your rear view mirror does? I don't think any edge comes with the dimming - only the Lincoln version?

When you start you use your defroster - does it defrost your mirror? and if someone one is behind you do they dim like your rear view mirror does? I don't think any edge comes with the dimming - only the Lincoln version?

On my 2007 SEL AWD, if what I gather from this topic is correct, if I do not have puddle lumps on the bottom of my exterior mirrors, then I do not have heated/defrosting mirrors.

that's correct

Thanks Tom,

Just to be sure, I motored the side view mirror all the way to the left and right hoping to find wires for the defrost even though my edge doesn't have it. All I could see were two black wires on the inside which I assume are for the motor only. So it looks like those of us without defrost mirrors have no easy way to add them.

In general, what is the best place to order parts like this; dealer or online? Are there better places online ( in terms of price, availabllity, shipping, etc.) than fordparts.com? I will be ordering these mirrors, a new cabin filter, among other parts.

Thanks Tom,

Just to be sure, I motored the side view mirror all the way to the left and right hoping to find wires for the defrost even though my edge doesn't have it. All I could see were two black wires on the inside which I assume are for the motor only. So it looks like those of us without defrost mirrors have no easy way to add them.

In general, what is the best place to order parts like this; dealer or online? Are there better places online ( in terms of price, availabllity, shipping, etc.) than fordparts.com? I will be ordering these mirrors, a new cabin filter, among other parts.

Before you go spending your money .This mirror is heated, look below the blind spot mirror and you will see a little square with lines that tells you have heated mirrors.Look at your mirror

post-6397-0-24839700-1315781490_thumb.jpg

Before you go spending your money .This mirror is heated, look below the blind spot mirror and you will see a little square with lines that tells you have heated mirrors.Look at your mirror

Thanks Crush, this I pretty much gathered. My hope was that possibly Ford simplied things by having one mirror wire harness with additional wires for the defroster regardless of whether or not the vehicle came equiped with it from the factory. Back in college, my old stick shift Civic didn't have a tach but it had the wires for a tach so upgrading to the more deluxe gauge cluster was plug-n-play. I was hoping this to be the case with the Edge mirror wiring harness on my SEL but it unfortuately looks not to be the case.

• 1 year later...

There is a non heated version as well, I got mine,as mine were not heated, and I do not want them to be heated...I got both and it was a 5 minutes job, screwdriver in twist, mirror out, press firmly and mirror in, adjust and that's it...

Part numbers:

9T4Z-17K707-A

9T4Z-17K707-C

Edited by Kanatronic