Anyone use Automatic Emergency Braking?

ktp1598

Curious if anyone's had to use it.. My '19 Mustang has it and it's worked when someone turned right in front of me while I was on (adaptive) cruise control. He slowed down to turn right and I knew I had plenty of distance but the car didn't think so . My wife's Edge St has it but she's had a few close calls and feels like it should have intervened.

15 hours ago, ktp1598 said:

Curious if anyone's had to use it.. My '19 Mustang has it and it's worked when someone turned right in front of me while I was on (adaptive) cruise control. He slowed down to turn right and I knew I had plenty of distance but the car didn't think so . My wife's Edge St has it but she's had a few close calls and feels like it should have intervened.

That wasn't Automatic Emergency Braking, that was just regular adaptive cruise control.  The alert that you got was just to tell you that you should take control of the brakes.  My 2010 MKT does the same thing, and it does not have AEB.  AEB is very sudden and very last minute.  If you're wife didn't crash, then it wasn't needed and shouldn't have come on.  Basically what a human perceives as a "close call" is just a "meh" to the computers. When you really need it, it will be there.