TSB Update for transmission

vmaxbaby

So we are now getting to the halfway point in Oct 2019 has there been any real updates for the transmission and all the shifting issues that so many are having.  Clunking in and out of gear, slow shifts, shifting out of gear, etc. etc.  Between here and the two biggest Facebook Groups for the EDGE ST these issues are so common and either here or on FB I read that Ford Engineers are aware of the problems and working on it but it seems that was well over a month or 2 ago?  So does anyone know if they have a fix and they are keeping it secret?  LOL

I recommend you follow the discussion on this subject on the thread below. it has the most up to date info on the transmission issues and some  workarounds.

For me, I had done the original TSB, then clearing the adaptive learning cache using forscan and s far  been running relatively smooth.

I also would like to know what Ford is doing about this shifting issue on the 2019 Edge 8 speed. This is really disappointing for a 50K vehicle. Come on Ford, buck up and fix this. Oh, guess your too busy with the Aviator. Yes, I know... sarcastic.

I'm just fed up with the lack of customer support from Ford or should I say NO customer support. I had an issue with my FCA Jeep product and after having the issue part replaced by an independent mechanic, FCA customer care contacted me to see if I was still having an issue and then offered to reimbursed me for the repair. Then they followed up later to make sure I was satisfied. That's customer service.

40 minutes ago, tk2fast said:

I also would like to know what Ford is doing about this shifting issue on the 2019 Edge 8 speed. This is really disappointing for a 50K vehicle. Come on Ford, buck up and fix this. Oh, guess your too busy with the Aviator. Yes, I know... sarcastic.

I'm just fed up with the lack of customer support from Ford or should I say NO customer support. I had an issue with my FCA Jeep product and after having the issue part replaced by an independent mechanic, FCA customer care contacted me to see if I was still having an issue and then offered to reimbursed me for the repair. Then they followed up later to make sure I was satisfied. That's customer service.

You have having issues beyond the 2 current TSBs right now? I have a December build and it had a nasty buck when shifting to 3rd. Had the first TSB done and it didn't fix it. They disabled the converter lockup and it stopped. Turned out it was a bad torque converter. Has been shifting well since then other than some occasional RPM flares that seem to be related to traction control. 

5 hours ago, Fingernip said:

You have having issues beyond the 2 current TSBs right now? I have a December build and it had a nasty buck when shifting to 3rd. Had the first TSB done and it didn't fix it. They disabled the converter lockup and it stopped. Turned out it was a bad torque converter. Has been shifting well since then other than some occasional RPM flares that seem to be related to traction control. 

Did not know there were TSB'S on this. Thanks, that's good to know and my dealer made no mention of it when it was in for the headlight fix recently. I am not surprised though as I live in a small town of 17K so I might have to go to the next dealer over a hundred miles away. My build date was in November.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, tk2fast said:

Did not know there were TSB'S on this. Thanks, that's good to know and my dealer made no mention of it when it was in for the headlight fix recently. I am not surprised though as I live in a small town of 17K so I might have to go to the next dealer over a hundred miles away. My build date was in November.

tk2fast,  while there are TSBs, my dealer would not perform them--I came in there with the first one, which had a fix consisting of reflashing the trans calibration--but they showed me a superseding one that said to ignore the first one and that the problem needs more research (!!).  So they basically said, yes they're aware of the problem but the first fix wasn't sufficient and they are working on a new one and they are under direction to not perform any fix until the "new, official" fix comes out.  This was in mid Sept 2019.

8 hours ago, Jombi said:

tk2fast,  while there are TSBs, my dealer would not perform them--I came in there with the first one, which had a fix consisting of reflashing the trans calibration--but they showed me a superseding one that said to ignore the first one and that the problem needs more research (!!).  So they basically said, yes they're aware of the problem but the first fix wasn't sufficient and they are working on a new one and they are under direction to not perform any fix until the "new, official" fix comes out.  This was in mid Sept 2019.

Ugh! That's all I can say.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1