Cell phone app to remote start '19 Edge?

24 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

I'm a little confused because I've found "Ford Pass"  "Ford Remote Access"  and "Ford App Catalog" … … Which one is the correct one to use?? :shrug:

Claude. :)

I linked you to the correct one. You must have went directly to google play. Either way Ford Pass is the one you want to select.

4 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

I linked you to the correct one. You must have went directly to google play. Either way Ford Pass is the one you want to select.

Ok... I indeed went through Google Play and I did see "Ford Pass" but I wasn't sure as there were also several other apps but now that I know, I'll download "Ford Pass".

Thanks again, regards,

Claude. :thumbsup:

i just tried opening a new account and after entering my name, password and username, they ask me to click to accept the policy terms etc… I click "accept" but when I press "next" nothing happens…I tried again and again but no dice… :rant:   So now I'm stuck at that level...

Claude. :gaah:

Edited by 2FAST4U

3 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Once you fully log into Ford Pass with  your credentials and vin number etc go to the account gear in the lower right corner. Then go into settings. Then go into Synconnect.

Thank you "onyxbfly" for your help…but… I can't even log in!… I'm trying to open a new account and cannot even get past that step! Let me explain in more details:

I try to go to open a new account and enter my first name, then my family name. Then there's a little box to check asking to "remember your username" so I click it. Next they're asking me to click if I want to receive som publicity messages. As I'm not interested in that, I pass and go to the next step where they ask me to accept their conditions and confidentiality policy so I click to accept and then nothing happen and I'm stuck there….:shrug:

Claude.:headscratch:

Edited by 2FAST4U

Thanks "ONEDGE16"… Like I explained in my reply to " onyxbfly" (in the previous post), I'm not even able to create a new account. When I try to register, it asks me for my first name, then my family name, my username and password. I fill in all these lines and move on to the next page... BUT it's on that next page where things don't go as good…  First I am asked if I want to receive some ads and messages... I do not click on tat paragraph since I'm not interested in receiving any advertisement. Then I move on to the next paragraph where they ask me to "accept" the site's terms and conditions. So I do accept and it's there where everything comes to a stop.  I want to "continue" to the next page but nothing happens… Nothing! :swear:   At that point I cannot do anything anymore to complete my registration...:rant2:

Claude. :shrug:

Finally figured it out… I didn't remember but I forgot that I was already registered! :hammer_self: … So I entered my e-mail address and what I thought was my password and... Bingo!…I was on the site! :2thumbs: I changed the parameters about my Edge (deleted my '16 Edge and loaded my new '19)… but... I still have to find out how to use the remote start feature with my Android phone...:shrug:

Claude

P.S: Thanks to all who helped me! :salute:

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

Finally figured it out… I didn't remember but I forgot that I was already registered! :hammer_self: … So I entered my e-mail address and what I thought was my password and... Bingo!…I was on the site! :2thumbs: I changed the parameters about my Edge (deleted my '16 Edge and loaded my new '19)… but... I still have to find out how to use the remote start feature with my Android phone...:shrug:

Claude

P.S: Thanks to all who helped me! :salute:

Glad you got it sorted out. I was having trouble pinpointing where the disconnect was. I assumed you used the same info that you would use to update SYNC.  Your dealership did not do right by you. They should have activated it and explained how it works when they do the final walk through before you take possession. It may be able to be rectified with a phone call or it may require a visit to the stealership.

Enjoy it!

8 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

In fact the vehicle will start faster than navigating through the app....

I dunno… but for me, it doesn't take much time to open up when I click on the icon...

and

8 hours ago, akirby said:

"so I don’t know how long it took to start".

You should be able to see when it starts 'cause the app tells you "car started" or something like that...

Claude.

12 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

You should be able to see when it starts 'cause the app tells you "car started" or something like that...

Not exactly.  That's just when the acknowledgement comes back.   The app has to send the start message to the central server which then has to find and contact the vehicle over the cellular network, start the vehicle, report back to the central server which reports back to the app.  In my experience that takes 30-45 seconds.   The vehicle may have started 10 seconds after pressing the app button or 40 seconds - no way to really know if you can't see the vehicle.

29 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

8 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

In fact the vehicle will start faster than navigating through the app....

I dunno… but for me, it doesn't take much time to open up when I click on the icon...

Claude.

To me and it may just be my phone. It seems like the app takes about 40 -50 seconds to open then i have to go to the keyfob screen. Its not horrible by any means just noticeable.  The transition to the keyfob screen is about 5-10 seconds.