Wireless charger pad

pmbb68

My wife has a 2019 SEL with the wireless charging pad. We have LG 5 cell phone which run android . These cell phones will not charge on this pad. Has anyone been able to get non Apple cell to charge on wireless pad ? Her SEL also has the Ford 360 safety controls - these are impressive. Thanks

3 hours ago, pmbb68 said:

My wife has a 2019 SEL with the wireless charging pad. We have LG 5 cell phone which run android . These cell phones will not charge on this pad. Has anyone been able to get non Apple cell to charge on wireless pad ? Thanks

It doesn't charge likely because your LG5 phone doesn't have that feature. It's a feature newer phones have. Unfortunately, my HUAWEI P20 Pro doesn't have it either (but the newer P30 Pro does).

Claude.

10 hours ago, pmbb68 said:

My wife has a 2019 SEL with the wireless charging pad. We have LG 5 cell phone which run android . These cell phones will not charge on this pad. Has anyone been able to get non Apple cell to charge on wireless pad ? Her SEL also has the Ford 360 safety controls - these are impressive. Thanks

LG G6  and newer have Wireless charging capabilities. You'll need to upgrade your phone to use the wireless charging feature. Your phone is pretty old, LG G8 is the current version.

• 1 year later...

Also, I don't know what the charge "rate" is in amps by using the wireless pad, but a little experience with my new 2020 Edge Titanium seems to indicate that it charges slower than if you have the phone plugged in to a USB port. Of course,, I've been spoiled by using a fast charger at home where I can go from almost nothing to 100% in about an hour... ? Works fine on my Samsung Note 10+.

I just happened across this thread. Thought I'd add information in case it may help others.

The LG 5 does not have built-in wireless charging, however it can be adapted to do so. This website describes how to add the required hardware.

https://gizmoist.com/wireless-charging-lg-g5/

Edited by enigma-2