Headlights replacement. LED Chinese version

Hi guys. I brought from aliexpress those led headlights to give some new face to my edge 2017 SEL.To me they looks pretty cool. The replacement process was really simple, plug and play, but I found a little issue. The led turn signals has not stable brightness in parking and night mode (The strip turns white in day light) . I have forscan to try some changes, but I'm not sure what to search in the forum. Right now all my exterior lights are led. Mirros. Plate and now Headlights 

Sorry if I make some mistakes. I'm from Chile. No English native. 

Thank your for help.

20200114_135957_1.gif

20200116_174214_1.gif

20200122_223455.jpg

The light setup looks very nice!

The turn signal/daytime running lights that change color are known as 'switchbacks'.  They're designed to turn on a white LED set in the daytime and when turn signals aren't operating then go amber at night or when flashing as a turn signal.  It sounds like yours are operating properly.
Here's a link to replacement headlights that are similar to or perhaps the same that he's using: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000080943337.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.19676b3aoGHrRt&algo_pvid=5b5802bc-4544-4177-bfea-f02f27080ac5&algo_expid=5b5802bc-4544-4177-bfea-f02f27080ac5-7&btsid=6c10d770-0c33-4d33-b1a1-bd276f6201f2&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_53

Edited by Gadgetjq

6 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

The turn signal/daytime running lights that change color are known as 'switchbacks'.  They're designed to turn on a white LED set in the daytime and when turn signals aren't operating then go amber at night or when flashing as a turn signal.  It sounds like yours are operating properly.

I have a similar situation with the daytime running lights that are amber. I need to switch the amber ones off due to regulations in EU, they must be white only. Is there a way to switch the yellow 5 volt feed off completely? I tested with a voltmeter, it is the same cable that powers the turn signals and there is no fuse to pull out. Please help, I need to pass the inspection.

I have a similar situation with the daytime running lights that are amber. I need to switch the amber ones off due to regulations in EU, they must be white only. Is there a way to switch the yellow 5 volt feed off completely? I tested with a voltmeter, it is the same cable that powers the turn signals and there is no fuse to pull out. Please help, I need to pass the inspection.

9 hours ago, Gadgetjq said:

Here's a link to replacement headlights that are similar to or perhaps the same that he's using: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000080943337.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.19676b3aoGHrRt&algo_pvid=5b5802bc-4544-4177-bfea-f02f27080ac5&algo_expid=5b5802bc-4544-4177-bfea-f02f27080ac5-7&btsid=6c10d770-0c33-4d33-b1a1-bd276f6201f2&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_53

Thank you very much for the technical name. The thing is that the headlight has a led strip, there is no possibility to replace with nothing. The issue comes from the lack of power when the light is in amber color. I believe. 

3 hours ago, omar302 said:

Yes. See this post.

Omar. Thank you very much. This is some could help me. The perfect solution to me will be increase the power to avoid the amber color. I think the lack of power makes to work unstable the led strip. Do you think it is possible send the same turn signal power to switchbacks all the time?

Please see this link. A video with the brightness problem. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlAqkwEFUjd6gpcctmQ3MAJ4pQ3zdw

2 hours ago, Fegnattack said:

Omar. Thank you very much. This is some could help me. The perfect solution to me will be increase the power to avoid the amber color. I think the lack of power makes to work unstable the led strip. Do you think it is possible send the same turn signal power to switchbacks all the time?

Please see this link. A video with the brightness problem. 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlAqkwEFUjd6gpcctmQ3MAJ4pQ3zdw

Hello Fegnattack

Those Chinese headlights are meant for the European cars, the 5 volt yellow dim light is not supposed to be there. I would suggest switching it off with Forscan as Omar kindly suggested.

Kind regards

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, omar302 said:

Try to use ForScan to make your DRL lights use the front turn signals. I think this would then send full power to them all the time.

Thank you Omar. Finally I set off the parking lights. Tha result was to DRL led strip at night too. Pretty good I believe. Here a pic of the results in night conditions. Thank again for your help and to all the members. 

20200124_163438.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Omar. I would like to thank you once again for your suggestion to use Forscan, the car finally passed the inspection. As for me, I bought the headlights on Aliexpress, there are many sellers. The quality of the lens and glass is mediocre though, lower than the original Ford but the low and high beams are much, much brighter. On the other hand, the inspection officer said the high beams were directed too low and even the highest adjustable position is not good for the normal standards and there is a lot of dispersed light from both lenses. All in all I am happy with them for now.

Edited by DMedge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, omar302 said:

How are the DRL in the daytime? Are they brighter than at night? Also how is the illumination of the low & high beams? Where did you buy them from?

The DRL are on all the time with the switchbacks off (forscan) . The brightness I will bet is the same. The iluminación is great. Much better than stocks, previously I replaced oem headlights with led, but the change wasn't noticeable. 

I want to try your last advice. To set switchbacks as turn. But I'm not shure what is the code change. Just to find out the results. 

I brought from Aliexpress.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Tye8o

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

I did not understand, can you explain exactly what do you mean you want to set switchbacks as turn?

Your words. 

"Try to use ForScan to make your DRL lights use the front turn signals. I think this would then send full power to them all the time" 

I am no so expert in forscan. I don't want to mess up. I'm not sure what is the mod to do it. Of course before I must turn on again. 

Thanks

Ok. Now it is clear. See this from the 2GFusion ForScan sheet:

726-45-01 (2014+ MY) xxxx XXxx xxxx
Note: This setting enables all choices in the list for DRL options

(BdyCM) Set value at XX to 7F

726-50-01 (2014+ MY) xXxx    

(BdyCM) 01 (Disabled - Default (USA) / No DRL)    

02 (Enabled - DRL Low Beams)    

04 (Enabled - DRL Front Fog Lamps)    

08 (Enabled - DRL Front Turn Lamps)    

10 (Enabled - DRL Dedicated) - Enables BCM DRL Outputs - C2280C Pins 36 (Right) and 40 (Left)    

20 (Enabled - DRL High Beams)    

40 (Enabled - DRL Low Beams and Dedicated)

So my suggestion is to first try (726-50-01 XXxx, change the "XX" to "08"). If it doesn't work, then you might need the other one (726-45-01 xxxx XXxx xxxx change the "XX" to "7F")

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have the same problem with alternative headlights from China. According to reco of Omar and after using of Forescan the parameter was changed from (1) to (0). After changing of this parameters the amber lights works only as a turn signal (it's ok) BUT hazard flashes doesn't work (when I push the switch they blinks only ones). And when I reprogramming parameters back again from (0) to (1) the hazard flashes works OK. 

Please help with your advises! thanks 

Ford Edge 2.0 L, 2017 Titanium

Edited by DDizzeLL
grammar