I like my 2020 Edge ST but it is lacking in a few areas

Shadow ST

On 6/28/2020 at 5:01 PM, Snoking said:

So the new 2020 Edge ST has Sync ver 3.4. The turn by turn instructions show up on the left side on the Nav screen. I find no way to select them on the right hand cluster display.

IMG_20200628_101020.jpg

It's been that way since sync-1. I never seen this as a being a problem. 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:01 PM, Snoking said:

So the new 2020 Edge ST has Sync ver 3.4. The turn by turn instructions show up on the left side on the Nav screen. I find no way to select them on the right hand cluster display.

I realize that this is an old post but last time i saw it, i still had my '16. now that i too have a 2020 ST, i can comment on your problem.

my 2020 ST gets the instructions on the right hand display of the instrument cluster. i assume you're not seeing phone, entertainment, and navigation at the top level of the menus.

i use google maps as well and i was happily surprised to see the instructions for auto android nav and not just the built-in nav.

I have Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20136_PRODUCT

let us know if your problem was ever resolved.

1 hour ago, ben senise said:

I realize that this is an old post but last time i saw it, i still had my '16. now that i too have a 2020 ST, i can comment on your problem.

my 2020 ST gets the instructions on the right hand display of the instrument cluster. i assume you're not seeing phone, entertainment, and navigation at the top level of the menus.

i use google maps as well and i was happily surprised to see the instructions for auto android nav and not just the built-in nav.

I have Sync 3 v3.4 Build 20136_PRODUCT

let us know if your problem was ever resolved.

Does your ST have factory NAV to links to the EVIC display, and maybe is allowing Google maps to take the path to the right side of EVIC?

2 hours ago, Snoking said:

Does your ST have factory NAV to links to the EVIC display, and maybe is allowing Google maps to take the path to the right side of EVIC?

yes, factory nav. if you don't have factory nav, i think you can't get the display unless maybe there's a hack with forscan. i didn't have factory nav on my '16 and i couldn't get google maps on the display.

what does EVIC stand for?

43 minutes ago, ben senise said:

yes, factory nav. if you don't have factory nav, i think you can't get the display unless maybe there's a hack with forscan. i didn't have factory nav on my '16 and i couldn't get google maps on the display.

what does EVIC stand for?

In RAM trucks it is the Electronic Vehicle Information Center AKA the lacking sucky Ford Edge dash!

3 hours ago, circatee said:

Nicely done. I am considering it. 

Curious, do you use 93 or 87 petrol in your EDGE ST? 

87 and 91, mostly 87 and it runs fine for a 76 year old dude that likes a little zoom zoom. Our other vehicle now is a 2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited. 

PXL_20201114_191739867.jpg

Edited by Snoking
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...