Not Edge, but Ford

Chipster

• 5 months later...

Sure. They got by the Edsel didn't they?  Let's see now, what else?  There was the Ford Pinto, the Mercury Bobcat, the Ford Explorer (the early early years where it had a tendicy to roll over problem and terrible tires that killed 300 and injured ?) and the 8-million car ignition recall in the early 2000's due to stupid design. A weaker manufacturer would have stumbled, maybe even failed. 

And they got through the great recession without asking for a bailout.

Henry Ford failed five times before he succeeded. His favorite saying was  “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”

22 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Sure. They got by the Edsel didn't they?  Let's see now, what else?  There was the Ford Pinto, the Mercury Bobcat, the Ford Explorer (the early early years where it had a tendicy to roll over problem and terrible tires that killed 300 and injured ?) and the 8-million car ignition recall in the early 2000's due to stupid design. A weaker manufacturer would have stumbled, maybe even failed. 

And they got through the great recession without asking for a bailout.

Henry Ford failed five times before he succeeded. His favorite saying was  “Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.”

The new Bronco launch will reveal whether a lesson was learned or not. "A weaker manufacturer would have stumbled, maybe even failed." Are you kidding me? The stock is trading in the $6.80 per share range. They are burning through cash like it's... They have taken a risky approach to their current market situation, all Mustang all the time,  killing the sedan (Fusion) and possibly killing the North American made Edge. Very Risky product planning if you ask me!  

6 hours ago, Chipster said:

Are you kidding me? The stock is trading in the $6.80 per share range. They are burning through cash like it's... 

I hadn't been following Ford, under $7 is an eyeopener (I'm holding Amazon and Square). But, there's a lot of reasons for the price. (I wouldnt buy it even at $4!)

If it scares you now, wait until after the election, lol. (Market is way over bought).

• 3 months later...

The new Bronco launch will reveal whether a lesson was learned or not. "A weaker manufacturer would have stumbled, maybe even failed." Are you kidding me? The stock is trading in the $6.80 per share range. They are burning through cash like it's... They have taken a risky approach to their current market situation, all Mustang all the time,  killing the sedan (Fusion) and possibly killing the North American made Edge. Very Risky product planning if you ask me!  

I hadn't been following Ford, under $7 is an eyeopener (I'm holding Amazon and Square). But, there's a lot of reasons for the price. (I wouldnt buy it even at $4!)

Just two examples of why you should not take investment advice from a vehicle forum. ?

And this is in the middle of a pandemic!

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/10/28/ford_s-strong-q3-higher-demand-operating-execution.html

a.JPG