Collision avoidance display light illumination

scorpionking0102

Good evening all,

My 2016 Sport has the collision avoidance option. For no apparent reason it will illuminate, which at times, has quickly gotten my attention leaving me thinking am I under calculating my rate of closure on the vehicle in front of me. Also, it comes on at times just driving alone on the highway. I have taken it to my local Ford dealer to see if it is registering a code, but nothing is stored in the computer. I’m thinking Ford has designed a “self test” into this system to activate after so many of hours or miles driven. Or, is there a unknown “gremlin” poking it’s weary head up from time to time to get my attention.

Has anyone out there with a second gen Edge and collision avoidance option been experiencing this phenomena? 

I do not know if this will help, but.  I had a 15 MKC that would alarm for a crosswalk and other times for no apparent reason.  The dealer stated Ford/Lincoln was aware of the issue, this was in early 17.  A couple of months later the dealer did a software update, did not have the issue after that.