2010 Edge Limited running 22's and suspect hub issue

AllFordsForMe

As Perblue mentioned, I'd check to make sure the rims aren't bent, and that the tires are balanced and have no flat spots or something. When I bought my '14 Sport used they straightened all 4 rims as they were very slightly bent. Somewhat easy to happen due to how heavy and wide these rims are, riding on such low profile tires on very heavy car.
Sport 22's also make inconsistencies with the wheels much more prominent.  Does the car actually shake, or just make sounds like something is rattling/shaking?   Maybe a stupid question but I have to ask - are you 100% sure they're bolted on flush to the hub, and were they torqued evenly?

They don't appear to be bent. There is no wobble or vibrations. It is a rattle like something is loose but i have the lugs torqued to 100 lbs. It happens immediately at 10-15 MPH, worse when I hit any bumps n the road. The noise totally stops when I hit the brakes. Thinking that the wheel isn't holding the brake rotors tight and that's whats rattling. Weird.. 

• 1004ron changed the title to 2010 Edge Limited running 22's and suspect hub issue
7 hours ago, AllFordsForMe said:

They don't appear to be bent. There is no wobble or vibrations. It is a rattle like something is loose but i have the lugs torqued to 100 lbs. It happens immediately at 10-15 MPH, worse when I hit any bumps n the road. The noise totally stops when I hit the brakes. Thinking that the wheel isn't holding the brake rotors tight and that's whats rattling. Weird.. 

This is interesting: https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Edge/2010/recalls/wheel-may-not-mount-securely-on-wheel-hub-17e053000.shtml

Edited by Gadgetjq

20 hours ago, AllFordsForMe said:

Bought some used sport 22's to run on my Edge Limited AWD. I believe I have a hub issue. When they are on the vehicle it sounds like the front end is going to rattle off. Every forum I've read say they will fit. Do I need to install some spacers or hub centric rings? Thanks for reading!

I'm not familiar with this model or the wheels, but you should be able to tell if the old and new wheels are hub centric by the snug fit on the hub.

https://www.discounttire.com/learn/hub-centric-vs-lug-centric