Best LED kit for 2nd gen

I recently bought a 2018 titanium with the halogen projectors and have been on a quest to find the best LED drop in kit to improve my nighttime driving experience.  I live in the mountains and drive frequently at night.  We have a lot of wildlife in our area so lighting and safety is crucial.  

I tried 4 different kits from amazon, even my tried and true Beamtech’s but because the edge has a halogen projector nothing - even the highest rated LEDs met the bar.  

After digging a ton on YouTube I stumbled across these new generation 360 degree LED bulbs.  Specifically the Audew 360 H11.   I was nearly going to pull the trigger on HR lightings coveted GTR ultra 2’s which retail for $199 but just couldn’t stomach the price tag knowing that I had already tried 4 other sets of similarly designed double sided LEDs.

I got my Audew H11’s for. $43.99 on Amazon with two day shipping.  I was also looking at the Light Moses brand but couldn’t find any real world YouTube videos of them in action.  There are many videos of the Audew’s in projectors (check YouTube.)

Hopefully this helps those struggling with a better lighting solution without shelling out big bucks for a factory HID upgrade.  

BTW, I ultimately decided against doing aftermarket HIDs as I still have them in my F350 and one of my snowmobiles.  I have replaced ballasts twice in my truck and a compete harness once in my snowmobile which melted down 20 miles from the truck at dusk (that was a fun ride out..). So I wanted LEDs as I ran them the last 4 years in my previous car without any issues (did have one burn out at around three years.)

Here are some photos.. blurry but you can see how well these work and there is a nice clean cutoff. 

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Capture.JPG

Edited by Sledwrecker
Added photos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the review.  I put some 360 Light Moses LEDs in my motorcycle after trying some 2-sided LEDs and it was a huge difference.  I don't think they should even make the 2-sided LEDs... anyways I am curious how they fit in the cavity behind the caps on the edge- the huge fan might be kinda close to the headlight caps.  also, have you noticed any signs of melting or overheating on the caps?

• 1 month later...