2019 Edge "rocking" while AC on

I noticed something real interesting yesterday. When my AC is running and the engine is in Drive on my 2019 Edge; if you hold the brake and stay (like at a red light) the car will rock slightly. Turning off the AC (not fan) or shifting to P or R will stop it. Anyone notice this? It rocks from front to back, not sideways.

I think it might be the load from the AC compressor.

Edited by IcyFridge

• 1 month later...

Only thing i can think of is, the fan is cycling on and off, causing the alternator to load the unload, which causes the enging to speed up or down, which puts more power into the drive train. Thus, the car tries to speed up, but the breaks (evil grin) are holding the car. Think of it like your stepping on tbe brakes and step on ghe accelerator. The front end will raise up. Let off and it drops again. Do this over and over and the car will seem to rock. 

7 hours ago, IcyFridge said:

I despise the start/stop. I had it disabled via Forscan the first week, and now with the LMS tune it's disabled as well.

I asked LMS not to disable the start/stop feature as I prefer turning it on/off myself via the console-mounted switch. If it's automatically turned off because of the tune, there's no way to turn it on even if you press the switch.

Claude

Edited by 2FAST4U

• 1 year later...

My 2020 Edge is doing the same thing. We found [somewhere else] online where a tech reset the PCM and TCM and that fixed the issue. 
However, our tech here (I work at a Ford dealership) cleared the transmission tables on mine - it fixed the issue for about 2 weeks (was completely gone). Now it is slowing coming back...more each day. By "more" I just mean it started coming back barely noticeable and is slowly increasing.  He is now going to discuss with another senior tech to see what they are going to try next...he's contemplating updating the TCM this time.

Any input from you folks?

Edited by MelissaInParts