2016 Ford Edge Strut Mount - how to?

This is wonderful - thank you!

What's missing?  How do you get to the third nut on top of the strut, in the engine bay?  I fear that answer is removing the cowling in there which appears to be laborious.  Any insight on that?  Thanks again for the help and prompt reply!

Wonderful.  Thanks again!  We purchased the extended care warranty from Ford on this vehicle. Any sense for whether or not this type of repair will be covered by the warranty? I have a call into the dealership, but have not heard back. Thanks again for all of the assistance. Have a great weekend!

Thanks again.  I did read it - just says struts, not mounts/strut bearings.  Parts seems to be $80 from Rockauto.  If not for removal of the cowling, it appears easy enough I would do it myself as my deductible on that warranty is $200.  

still waiting to hear back from the service department at my dealer...

Can anyone tell me how to orient the new mount?  That yellow dot means something - it's been a while since I've done these.  I know that means something; just can't remember what/where that needs to line up.

Also, anyone have suggestions on a spring compressor other than the ones you can use from AutoZone?  Those babies are scary...

Thanks again,
Shumax

Mount.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/17/2020 at 6:06 PM, shumax said:

Thanks again.  I did read it - just says struts, not mounts/strut bearings.  Parts seems to be $80 from Rockauto.  If not for removal of the cowling, it appears easy enough I would do it myself as my deductible on that warranty is $200.  

still waiting to hear back from the service department at my dealer...

Did you hear back yet? As far as I know, its covered on the three plans (not power train only). Should be detailed on the pamphlet they gave you when you signed up. 

Edited by enigma-2