Cooling fans running all time with AC

Hello everyone .. I am new here and hope to find an answer for my problem.

I have 2014 ford edge limited 3.5 ,, since 2 months i noticed when i turn on the AC both radiator cooling fans starts running at the highest speed with a very loud sound (I can feel the vibration and hear the sound while setting inside the car at idle) and never stop until i turn the AC off it will back to low speed with cycling .. my question is it normal to run at the highest speed all the time without cycling ? If no what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Obeidat87

On 8/4/2020 at 1:48 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

the driver side fan should not run with a/c completely off.

if both fans are running all the time, install a new fan assembly.  most times it is the fan motors at fault, but there is a sprinkling of FCM failures also.  Motorcraft is the best option.

It run all the time only when the AC is on .. when i turn it off the the fan slowing down the speed.

18 hours ago, omar302 said:

Where are you located? 

In the Middle East, the Edge will have its fans run on full speed if the A/C is on and the outside temperature is higher than a certain limit. I think it was 32 or 34 C. Or thereabouts.

Yes Mr Omar I am in the Middle East / Saudi Arabia and the avarage temprature those days around 40 to 45 C. But my problem is even when i turn the AC at early morning or eveing (when the car is cold) after starting the car immediately the fans start running on the highest speed. 

4 hours ago, Obeidat87 said:

Yes Mr Omar I am in the Middle East / Saudi Arabia and the avarage temprature those days around 40 to 45 C. But my problem is even when i turn the AC at early morning or eveing (when the car is cold) after starting the car immediately the fans start running on the highest speed. 

Yes, I am in Qatar so I know the summer heat. It is normal for the 2011 to 2014 to be like that. Even in the morning it is above 32 C, right? I had a 2011 MKX (similar to the Edge) and it was like that. Take your Edge for a car wash were the outside temperature reading will become lower than 30 for a while after the wash and you'll hear fans turning at lower speeds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Obeidat87 said:

Welcome.

Please consider adding your location and Model/Year to your profile signature - https://www.fordedgeforum.com/settings/signature/