The Dirty Duchess...

11 minutes ago, enigma-2 said:

This is somewhat unrelated, but high-end radar detectors are almost completely unavailable wirldwide. (Custom chip shortage).

Dealers are now saying that they're being told that it could be six months to a year before they have stock. (Seems hit or miss, with big dealers still having or getting stock).

Yes, the story of many many products right now. The world is in a tough spot from Covid. Hard to get shit back to normal.

• 5 months later...

sweet! will look over the thread.

EDIT:  over 600 posts lol, will take time.

if you do whipple it, consider going up to 5w30 in a thicker oil like Redline, or even 10w30 in pennzoil or valvoline.  more power needs stouter oil.  and the xg filters have been great, but they recently changed the design a bit, so no idea how well they perform now.  purolator boss is a worthy alternative.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

sweet! will look over the thread.

EDIT:  over 600 posts lol, will take time.

if you do whipple it, consider going up to 5w30 in a thicker oil like Redline, or even 10w30 in pennzoil or valvoline.  more power needs stouter oil.  and the xg filters have been great, but they recently changed the design a bit, so no idea how well they perform now.  purolator boss is a worthy alternative.

Thanks for reading into my build!

Running 5w30 pennzoil ultra plat now, whipple wants 5w50 iirc. I do like redline fluids though, from my DSM days.

The fram full syn filter was a top dog. I need to readdress this. My info is old info, lol.

Yeah, my build threads get big, lol. Really, really, loving the Bullitt though. Its great. Too bad its covered for the winter, not going to get it salty.

The Edge gets to whip around in the snow. Lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

yeah i would garage queen the Bullitt too!

Looking forward to the winter romps of Sir Edge!

When I pulled the tires off the edge today, I was like "Hot dayummm, these bad boys are light!!!" I've been dicking around with heavy OEM rims too long, lol!!

Plans for the edge, Extra Airbox install. I'm pretty sure I actually bought his first available airbox, lol.

Catless downpipes

A free flowing exhaust, thats mild (probably the first time I ever tried to be quiet)

Maybe an E30 tune

Custom Charge pipes, and possibly intake pipes to reach the Extra Airbox. I got a guy, and he's eager to play ball.

Right now, my edge is a probably quite a bit quicker than my buddys 3.0tt MKZ, but dead even doing 90 -125 pulls ish.

Quite the accomplish ment, coming from 315hp and 4400 lbs, to compete with a 400hp 3900 lbs car.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, Duece McCracken said:

Car got hit and ran over T-day weekend. Getting it into the body shop next week, ugh. Nothing major, but super annoying.

I am sorry to hear that Duece.  My car is still not in the shop, and it has been over a month, and the body shop is having difficulty obtaining the parts. That whole supply chain thing, I think my bumper is in a cargo ship just offshore waiting to be unloaded.  

I hope that you have better luck at the body shop than me, and that The Dirty Duchess is repaired quickly and professionally. I hate seeing nice cared for cars get damaged.   

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:16 PM, Xtra said:

I am sorry to hear that Duece.  My car is still not in the shop, and it has been over a month, and the body shop is having difficulty obtaining the parts. That whole supply chain thing, I think my bumper is in a cargo ship just offshore waiting to be unloaded.  

I hope that you have better luck at the body shop than me, and that The Dirty Duchess is repaired quickly and professionally. I hate seeing nice cared for cars get damaged.   

Oh geez, i need a new front bumper for my 15'. This may drag out this process, i forgot about part supply issues. Ugh

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, niceonept said:

Don't the spares come from the Oakville factory in Ontario, Canada?

I don’t know where the parts are coming from. All I know is that I have been waiting for them to arrive. And it has been a month since the appraisal 

Edited by Xtra

• 2 weeks later...

UaUmIUa.jpg

Hit and run damage. It's not much, but WTF man. In my cul de sac, over thanksgiving weekend. Douchery

K3c0wrc.jpg

iaetwO5.jpg

SOrry for the terrible lighting.

A buddy of mine owns a body shop, got me a fresh OEM bumper, installed my aftermarket lower grill, paint matched, all that good stuff. Took him 5 days to get the bumper, then it was done. So a week total.

Once I get back from Xmas, I'll finally wrapp the @Xtra airbox and install it!!!

I need to do an oil change too, lol

Im going to clean the two grounds on the frame under the airbox as well.

I need to do all the driveline fluids. Rear diff, transaxle, PTU. I need to do research on that though, what fluids and what not. Cross reference with the owners manual for specs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Popped a P0430, and its sticking.

Bank 2 Cat low efficiency. Im going to change that rear O2, and start looking at going catless.

Also P05A1 which is an active grill shutter position code. I still have the motor plugged iirc, i forget. Going to have to look in this build thread, lol.

Also Northstar battery ate it. I didnt do a proper BMS reset iirc.

Swapped in an XS Power agm. Same upsize

• Like 1

• 5 months later...