The Dirty Duchess...

Nq0Iitj.jpg

This is my build thread for this 2015 Edge Sport AWD.

That beautiful Electric Spice Metallic paint, that my GF hates.

I have a Focus ST as well, that has a few mods. That build is over on focusst .org

UPDATED 11-30-2020

Installed parts

UP FMIC

Ramfab Cold side charge pipe with Meth bung

CP-e RMM

KN drop in filter

SCT BDX tuner from Torrie at Unleashed

Weathertech mats all way

Vleds Micro Extreme LED headlights

Vleds festoon LED for the puddle lights

AEM wmi kit half installed, lol

Powerstop evolution pads and rotors, drilled, slotted

Ronin Oil Drain Plug setup

GFB DV+

Boomba BPV spacer

Fast wheel FC04 20x9.5 et35

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4's 275-40-R20

Goodrich SS lines 4 corners

G2 caliper paint.

Drawing board

Finishing the wmi install

More tuning

Edited by Duece McCracken
  • Like 3

l8ZNMWi.jpg

OEM puddle lights were kinda lacking. Had to fix that.

Gv8Tk2d.jpg

OY2ziJq.jpg

jCC9HQK.jpg

3Ejolbf.jpg

ESTRywo.jpg

BROKE A TAB!!! Ugh, so I bought another OEM assembly, lol

g0MHMt4.jpg

Use some JB weld for plastic, and glued them back together with new bulbs. The OEM puddle lights are non serviceable, you just swap out the entire unit. Go figure.

I'm trying to find my after pics, I will throw them in later.

• Like 1

brEPxx0.jpg

Ugh, SCT products. I was really spoiled with an Accessport on my FoST. SCT devices are leagues behind. Wish the edge sport would have taken off more for Cobb support, heck for any real aftermarket at all, lmfao!!!

Torrie of course is great, super experienced, and has always been my top choice for SCT tuning.

Sitting on his regular 93oct map right now. Night and day difference, as all tuning is on factory forced induction cars.

• Like 1

Meh786D.jpg

KHDzIh1.jpg

5lWgGnz.jpg

qlf7w4p.jpg

6yZCLEP.jpg

The Edge sat on the dealer lot for like a year. Rotor got pretty rusty, and I hoped just driving it would knock it all off.

Well, it had some issues, pedal vibration and what not. So I said screw it and picked up the Powerstop Z23 Street kit from rock auto. Not a whole lot of performance pad/rotor options for the edge.

Overall, after some fun bedding them in, they are a solid upgrade over OEM. Much better braking.

With the recent recall that just popped up for the front brake soft lines, I ordered some Goodrich SS brake lines, and Im going to swap all 4 of them, and switch to Wilwood EXP fluid. Should tighten up the brakes a wee bit.

• Like 1

lAL1izJ.jpg

ZjSqx0Q.jpg

obzkiUS.jpg

fMALsNS.jpg

W4thZJ7.jpg

Yep, spark plugs. Switched to NGK Ruthbenium plugs. Stock heat range. I gapped them to .026" iirc, whatever Torrie suggested me to.

Well, there wasnt a lot of great advice on doing the plugs on this. People were saying to pull the intake off the rear turbo to get access, and thats not in the cards for me just for plugs.

I figured there would be enough play to get it to flex out of my way. I very very carefully started to pull it over, lifting it over obstacles slightly. Yep, as I hoped, I got enough clearance to do the rear spark plugs.

My train of thought was that there was three outcomes to this move. First was I snap the hard piping and screw myself. Second was the pipe pops off the turbo. Third was that I get enough flex to do my job. Of course option three was the most desirable.

I tied the tube to the Coolant resi with some 550 cord, was able to do all the rears with it in this position.

Fronts of course are crazy simple to do.

• Like 1

R1XuvCt.jpg

pI8MVbb.jpg

kwkff9w.jpg

IbBF3yd.jpg

zNgxBEs.jpg

q6wJqVt.jpg

4UDAHsJ.jpg

pSTQpQd.jpg

p7tJfhq.jpg

s6Fz0LD.jpg

trdtlPt.jpg

nqSS0mf.jpg

iS2wCeB.jpg

UP FMIC and Ramfab Cold side charge pipe install.

Not a lot of info on here anymore about this. Apparently all the old pics got taken down or something. So I just had to kind of wing it without knowing the interferences and what not.

Ramfab pipe is in Brembo Burnt Orange, and is pretty close to Electric spice metallic!! He did an awesome job for me, and it's a big upgrade over the stock pipe.

Had to modify the lower rad support/cross member, probably should have cut into it and ditched that whole lip, but I got it all to work by removing the plastic overmold on the cross member. Just pried it all off and painted over it.

Pull the headlights to get to the fender bolts that keep the front fascia to the fenders.

Screw the AGS.

The air dam/under cowl lil guy up front, had to cut the big nubbins off it, and then came back and cut the little nubbins on the inside left and right of the FMIC. I'll get some pics when I drop the front end again.

I used my rad hose tools to break the seals on the OEM charge piping, easy peasy.

My lower grill covers a good chunk of the FMIC, so I bought the wrong ebay one, then I bought the right ebay one, lmao. So I have to throw that on at some point. It's going to be a PITA, those factory clips are tough to work with. May have to use the heat gun some to coerce them.

Installing the coldside pipe took some careful maneuvering, and took a bit to get all lined up and mostly in the couplings, had to get the lower rad support back in and all buttoned up before I could tighten the clamps.

Missing pics of the 1000cc AEM meth nozzle and check valve installed, hid the pump in the bumper crossmember by the windshield washer tank. Tapping that to feed the system. I have yet to wire it all up. Have some cool electrical stuff to incorporate into this system too. Which will be cool.

I still havn't pulled any datalogs yet. I should to try and see if theres a boost leak. Im peaking like 21.5 ish psi depending on conditions, so it can't be huge if it's there.

I am not tuned for the FMIC and Charge pipe. Waiting to finish up the Wmi before I get torrie involved more.

• Like 1

be6KHJ8.jpg

gg3H6u4.jpg

KQbgPeg.jpg

MA8Q70b.jpg

Probably one of the easiest installs ever, thankfully.

Use an impact gun to blitz off the rear 21mm bolt, then a breaker bar to crack the 15mm bolt. Finished it off with a ratcheting wrench, and fiddled it out over the exhaust.

Idk why, but CPE uses two aluminum spacers with the rear portion of the rmm. Which is a little annoying to slide into place. You'd think that just making the insert longer would suffice. They must have their reasons though.

Front bolt installs opposite side as OEM, which makes life a bit easier. I did not remove my belly pan for this job. Wasnt a big deal, but this is where it affects you.

NVH are there at idle, excited to break it in to mitigate that. Firmer shifting, less front end lift, less acceleration delay, front end just feels tighter, All things I expected.

As always, an excellent product from CP-e. One of the few Fusion Sport/MKZ parts that fits the Edge Sport.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IcyFridge said:

Well. Good to see you on here too Deuce! Sold my FoST for my Edge. It's a fine vehicle for sure. Why am I not surprised you've dove right into the mods?!

Lmao, you know me. I can't leave anything stock.

I just wanted something a bit more comfy for DD, save the focus for times when I want to go fast.

The Edge is getting all the attention right now, the Focus is getting jealous for sure. All I have left on the focus is the biggest mods, I like the easy victories with the Edge. Lol!

Just now, Duece McCracken said:

Lmao, you know me. I can't leave anything stock.

I just wanted something a bit more comfy for DD, save the focus for times when I want to go fast.

The Edge is getting all the attention right now, the Focus is getting jealous for sure. All I have left on the focus is the biggest mods, I like the easy victories with the Edge. Lol!

For sure. You got lucky in getting a 2.7 whereas I'm sticking with the 2.0. Twin babies take the funds away!

At least I'm tuned. ;)

1 minute ago, IcyFridge said:

For sure. You got lucky in getting a 2.7 whereas I'm sticking with the 2.0. Twin babies take the funds away!

At least I'm tuned. ;)

The 2.0 is a dream to work on though. I always told myself to never buy a transverse V-6, especially not AWD, and definitely not turbo'ed. Now look at me, smh.

Yeah tuning ftw!! Then the 2.3 stroker swap, and the GTX 30 series, and next thing you know you have a gutted edge on slicks with 650whp, lmfao!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 5:01 PM, Duece McCracken said:

oeUPcFU.jpg

kFUPSG5.jpg

Battery sat for too long, so I swapped it out for this beast. Upsized, and much nicer.

Did you have to modify any of the bracket to get that battery to fit?

I've got a 2015 Ford Edge Titanium with the 3.5 V6 and AWD.  I work as a Realtor, so I make a lot of very short trips with lots of stops and starts.  The other day I had my battery give up on me and I'm borrowing a car to continue working this weekend.  I'd like to replace the batter with something that has higher capacity to be able to tolerate the heavy duty required of it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Andrew.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NeuroBeaker said:

Did you have to modify any of the bracket to get that battery to fit?

I've got a 2015 Ford Edge Titanium with the 3.5 V6 and AWD.  I work as a Realtor, so I make a lot of very short trips with lots of stops and starts.  The other day I had my battery give up on me and I'm borrowing a car to continue working this weekend.  I'd like to replace the batter with something that has higher capacity to be able to tolerate the heavy duty required of it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Andrew.

The battery tray actually has additional holes to move the bracket forward to accommodate a larger battery. This is probably due to this same battery tray being used in other models. So it was just threading in the battery hold down in a hole closer to the front of the vehicle. Not a big deal at all, thankfully. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Duece McCracken said:

The battery tray actually has additional holes to move the bracket forward to accommodate a larger battery. This is probably due to this same battery tray being used in other models. So it was just threading in the battery hold down in a hole closer to the front of the vehicle. Not a big deal at all, thankfully. 

Thanks very much!  I really appreciate your help.  I'll look for similar holes and probably get the same battery you did.  ?

All the best,

Andrew.

6 minutes ago, NeuroBeaker said:

Thanks very much!  I really appreciate your help.  I'll look for similar holes and probably get the same battery you did.  ?

All the best,

Andrew.

I actually buy these Northstars off amazon, i think its hilarious to get free shipping on a car battery, lmfao!!!

its a heavy, AGM almost Pure lead battery, that I run in two vehicles currently, the other one I have had for 2 or three years with no issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duece McCracken said:

I actually buy these Northstars off amazon, i think its hilarious to get free shipping on a car battery, lmfao!!!

its a heavy, AGM almost Pure lead battery, that I run in two vehicles currently, the other one I have had for 2 or three years with no issues.

I hope you don't mind me asking these questions on your modification thread - I really do appreciate your help.

I've had a look at the bracket you were talking about and think I might be able to squeeze the NSB-AGM24F (more reserve capacity than the NSB-AGM48) in there:

https://www.northstarbattery.com/product/nsb-agm24f

https://www.amazon.com/NORTHSTAR-Automotive-Group-Battery-NSB-AGM24F/dp/B01GQSBJD6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=NSB-AGM24F&qid=1598737031&s=automotive&sr=1-1

It's marginally narrower and marginally shorter than the one you got to fit, it's just 1.33 inches taller.  What do you think?

All the best,

Andrew.

12 minutes ago, NeuroBeaker said:

I hope you don't mind me asking these questions on your modification thread - I really do appreciate your help.

I've had a look at the bracket you were talking about and think I might be able to squeeze the NSB-AGM24F (more reserve capacity than the NSB-AGM48) in there:

https://www.northstarbattery.com/product/nsb-agm24f

https://www.amazon.com/NORTHSTAR-Automotive-Group-Battery-NSB-AGM24F/dp/B01GQSBJD6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=NSB-AGM24F&qid=1598737031&s=automotive&sr=1-1

It's marginally narrower and marginally shorter than the one you got to fit, it's just 1.33 inches taller.  What do you think?

All the best,

Andrew.

No worries on the Q's, mate.

Sounds like its a good time to pull the OEM and get some measurements. Well, actually, you can just measure off the OEM, just be careful of the terminals, lmfao! No need to practice welding with a tape measure.

I'm trying to remember where I got the information to upsize. Whether is was a f150/Expedition forum or not. Let me give it a googles and see if it jogs my memory.

Well I cross referenced the battery tray, and It's only in the edge, but based on engine and accessories the battery size changes within the model.

Sorry I dont have much more information. A few measurements should sort you out though. Theres actually three battery tie down locations, but im not sure if the most forward one is usable. Just something to double check/keep in mind as you get adventurous. Please keep me in the loop on what you come up with. Would be beneficial to all of us.

• Thanks 1

$270?  You're not getting 'free' shipping.  A quality H6 AGM battery from Advance Auto is $159 with the always available 20% off codes.  I routinely get 7+ years out of batteries, so the fact that you've gotten 2 or 3 out of a very expensive battery isn't very impressive.

6 minutes ago, todd92 said:

$270?  You're not getting 'free' shipping.  A quality H6 AGM battery from Advance Auto is $159 with the always available 20% off codes.  I routinely get 7+ years out of batteries, so the fact that you've gotten 2 or 3 out of a very expensive battery isn't very impressive.

Never said it was impressive, lol! Just liked what the company had to offer, and decided to buy their batteries. I got burned by interstates a couple times, then didnt want a optima or odyssey again, so i went this route.

Yeah i only have like 3 years on one of them, vehicles are too new to have gone through more than one battery, so time will tell. The motorcraft batteries were straight trash though, that's something that is heavily documented. 2 years out of a battery was pretty common from Ford. The Northstar beat that, so I'm fine with it.

100 percent though, you can get a good battery way cheaper. I didn't mind the spending the money, so here we are.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:40 PM, Duece McCracken said:

The motorcraft batteries were straight trash though, that's something that is heavily documented. 2 years out of a battery was pretty common from Ford. 

4th year + going on five on this Motorcraft battery. I typically get 6 to 7 years on them. IMO they are one of the best on the market.

(I used them in all of my cars, Ford or not). Two years means something is wrong. Have you ever checked your charging system? Belts?

9 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

4th year + going on five on this Motorcraft battery. I typically get 6 to 7 years on them. IMO they are one of the best on the market.

(I used them in all of my cars, Ford or not). Two years means something is wrong. Have you ever checked your charging system? Belts?

I come from 6 years(still going)heavily involved in the Focus ST platform. The Motocraft 96r battery produced from 2013 on is the worst battery I have ever dealt with. It is OEM for the Focus ST, RS, and others. Literally known as a 2-3 year tops battery.

For some reason, My Edge went through 2 Motocraft batteries before i bought it. As I have the documentation of it.

So with my personal experiences, and working on the ford Focus line, I do not use Motorcraft batteries.

Nothing wrong with charging system, belts, alternator output great, ford dropped the ball with painted grounds, but even cars with them freshend up. Just way too much premature failure. I'm talking like standard operating procedure to ditch the Motorcraft.

Granted, their entire lineup may not be terrible, but I'm not rolling the dice with them anymore for any vehicle.