Finally! Hood Insulation for the ST That Fits! Works on All 2019-2920 Edges

Edger's

I was able to order the correct hood insulator for the 2019 ST this week and attach it today!

For master mechanics, such as myself, it took 6 minutes.  The rest of you should be able to do it under 5 minutes...it's that easy!

The clips are already attached...just hold up to the hood, and  "push and play".

I have enclosed a picture of the actual part # on the bag.

The engine has always been quiet, this pad absorbs some of the road noise and sounds closer to a Lincoln inside than before.

Cost is about $115 plus tax from your local dealer.

I received a Mustang Club discount plus they knew I was going install it myself.

Thanks

CVCashmere

IMG_2785 insulation.jpg

IMG_2788 part.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks "CVCashmere" for the part number! :2thumbs: I ordered my hood insulator pas yesterday, received it this morning and installed it right away. It does make a little improvement by lowering the engine noise but not a big difference in the noise coming from the road... but I still think it was worth it. ;)

Claude.

Here:  https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/27999-engine-cover-for-2020-edge-titanium-20l/?tab=comments#comment-206949

Claude. ;)

P.S: The engine cover for the 2.0L engine is # K2GZ-6A949-A 

The passenger's side stud for the cover is # AG9Z-00812-D 

... --> but there seems to be another stud on the driver's side but I haven't found the correct part #... Someone suggested # YF1Z-96P686-AA but I'm not sure this is correct... Does someone here could confirm please?

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

"lildisco", if you ever receive the correct part, could you please let us know? (with the correct part#)... I don't want to order the cover without knowing if I'll be able to get the correct fasteners for it.

Thank you,

Claude. 

P.S: ... What about the part number I posted in my previous post?... (# YF1Z-96P686-AA) Is it a valid number?

Edited by 2FAST4U

• 3 weeks later...

Engine cover arrived today & promptly did a test fit.  There appears to be 3 groment locations. 2 in the front on the intake manifold (already there) & 1 on the drivers side part of the valve cover (threaded bronze location, you can't miss it).  Then on passenger side part of the valve cover, there's another location for a washer bolt & an indent in the cover.  I was able to take the 7mm bolt off of the intake snorkel & it threaded in perfectly, just slightly too long.  Now to visit either an auto parts store or hardware store & see if I can make something work.  

The cover material isn't anywhere close to the same hard plastic material as the previous generations.  This is like a rubberized foam, kinda like a harder version of the Nerf Footballs from 20 years ago.

20201204_204339.jpg

20201204_204350.jpg

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lildisco said:

Engine cover arrived today & promptly did a test fit.  There appears to be 3 groment locations. 2 in the front on the intake manifold (already there) & 1 on the drivers side part of the valve cover (threaded bronze location, you can't miss it).  Then on passenger side part of the valve cover, there's another location for a washer bolt & an indent in the cover.  I was able to take the 7mm bolt off of the intake snorkel & it threaded in perfectly, just slightly too long. 

So if I understand correctly, the three "studs" are already on the engine and there's only one bolt to add, right? ... and one detail i just noted:  the part number under your cover is "K2GE-6A949-AC"  but the number I found earlier was "K2GZ-6A949-A".  Are both number the same or is one made of plastic and the other one (like yours) made of "nerf" foam?               

Claude.

Edited by 2FAST4U

There's 2 grommets that are there as they're part of the intake manifold.  There's 1 grommet  (on the valve cover on the drivers side, bronze colored with nothing in it) & 1 flanged bolt missing ( on the valve cover on the passengers side, also is bronze colored with nothing it).  I don't think that the 3rd grommet is really needed, but i can't find it anywhere on Ford's website or aftermarket sites.  I'm going to try & stop at a hardware store & see if I can find a flanged bolt to hold the passenger side of the engine cover down.

Part # that was ordered was K2GZ-6A949-A.  I ordered it back on 10/21/20 & just received it yesterday.  This part feels more like a Nerf ball than the hard plastic engine cover for our 2016 2.0 Ecoboost.

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:10 PM, CVCashmere said:

Edger's

I was able to order the correct hood insulator for the 2019 ST this week and attach it today!

For master mechanics, such as myself, it took 6 minutes.  The rest of you should be able to do it under 5 minutes...it's that easy!

The clips are already attached...just hold up to the hood, and  "push and play".

I have enclosed a picture of the actual part # on the bag.

The engine has always been quiet, this pad absorbs some of the road noise and sounds closer to a Lincoln inside than before.

Cost is about $115 plus tax from your local dealer.

I received a Mustang Club discount plus they knew I was going install it myself.

Thanks

CVCashmere

IMG_2785 insulation.jpg

I already have something that looks like this on my edge st. Is this one different?