3.5 crankshaft pulley install

Vanrebl

I am tryin to install my crankshaft pully (harmonic balancer) there is no keyway on these pulleys and i want to make sure to install it in the correct position

i dont see any marks on the pulley to align it up correctly.... looked online and don't see a alignment tool  either...am i missing something?

17 minutes ago, Vanrebl said:

yes it only shows how to take it off....i am looking for installation procedures 

thanks in advance for the help

Its not keyed, so no orientation/alignment, but it cant be heated to make it easier to go on the crank (rubber), and cant be beaten on, so you'll need a special installation "puller" or if the main bolt is long enough you could pull it up with that.

• Like 1

1004ron,

thanks for your reply

i will rent a tool to install it from the auto parts store so i wont need to heat it up or anything it will press it on .... just wasn't sure if the timing would be off if it wasn't in the exact right position, because of timing sensor ......it does matter doesnt it?

Edited by Vanrebl

4 minutes ago, Vanrebl said:

1004ron,

thanks for your reply

i will rent a tool to install it from the auto parts store so i wont need to heat it up or anything it will press it on .... just wasn't sure if the timing would be off if it wasn't in the exact right position, because of timing sensor

With it off you'll see the timing sprocket behind it, and it is keyed.

This model, unlike some Fords, the crank position tone wheel isn't part of the harmonic balancer.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...