Sync 3 Screen Modification

Is there any guide on modifying the bracket from a gen 1.5 edge MFT to fit a flat/standard display sync 3 display? I got a deal that I couldn't pass up on a ford focus screen, and am hoping that there is a way to make it fit into my edge. I have come across a guide for an F150, but it looks a little different, so I am hoping someone might have experience doing this on an edge.  Thanks in advance!

A little update to close this out incase anyone finds themselves in the same spot. I came across a post on this forum about 3D printing a brackets to make the flat screen work-https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24155-sync-2-to-sync-3-in-2011-with-3d-printed-brackets/?tab=comments#comment-183751

I don’t have a 3D printer myself, but was able to find someone on a local Facebook group who was kind enough to print them out for me. The brackets fit perfect without any adjustment, and seem fairly sturdy, though we will see how they hold up long term. 

The rest of the install went fine, I was aIso able to use the As Built information in that thread on my vehicle as it was very similar to my set up. I will probably have to tweak a few minor things eventually, but it was close enough to get it working until I have more time to dig into the programming.

All in I was able to do the whole Sync 2 to Sync 3 with nav swap for under $90 CAD as I managed to find most of the parts at a junkyard, and did the programming myself. 

Edited by Flyedge
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, Flyedge said:

A little update to close this out incase anyone finds themselves in the same spot. I came across a post on this forum about 3D printing a brackets to make the flat screen work-https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/24155-sync-2-to-sync-3-in-2011-with-3d-printed-brackets/?tab=comments#comment-183751

I don’t have a 3D printer myself, but was able to find someone on a local Facebook group who was kind enough to print them out for me. The brackets fit perfect without any adjustment, and seem fairly sturdy, though we will see how they hold up long term. 

The rest of the install went fine, I was aIso able to use the As Built information in that thread on my vehicle as it was very similar to my set up. I will probably have to tweak a few minor things eventually, but it was close enough to get it working until I have more time to dig into the programming.

All in I was able to do the whole Sync 2 to Sync 3 with nav swap for under $90 CAD as I managed to find most of the parts at a junkyard, and did the programming myself. 

I'm glad they worked out for you.  The ones I printed when I created that thread have been going strong with no issues in my sons daily driver. 

Edited by Okie

• 2 years later...