Ford Edge Titanium 2017 2.0 Diesel AWD (UK Version))

IcemanR26

Hi all

I'm the owner of a black Edge Titanium 2017 2.0L Diesel AWD with LUX Pack and Sport options (UK Variant). This is my second Edge in 2 years as had an electrical issue with my first one that Ford couldn't never get to the bottom of, so I got a full refund as unfit for purpose. I loved the Edge so much I wasn't going to be put off by this set-back (that took 9 months to resolve!) so then bought my current one of 3.5 years old, and absolutely love it.

Fingers crossed I have many years of happy motoring ahead with "Eddie" ?

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky dog...it'd be nice if we could get the diesel version here in the states! ? THAT would be cross-country touring machine...

LOL....a few years ago, my bride and I spent 3 weeks driving around Scotland. I sourced a rental car with an automatic (BIG bucks!). While I CAN drive a manual, something about shifting with my LEFT hand (not to mention looking down and thinking, "Oh, I'm doing 7000 rpm...I should probably shift!") made me beg off. I told my wife I wanted ALL my attention out there in front of me, reminding myself to "Keep left, keep left, keep left" and remembering ""Tight left, wide right", etc. And entering roundabouts from the LEFT.....eeeehaw! ? I had borrowed a friend's mail Jeep here (right-hand drive) to do a little practicing and that helped some.

We were supposed to get a UK-spec Ford Focus but when we showed up at the car hire in Glasgow, turns out they had upgraded us (no additional charge, no less!) to a 2-series BMW turbodiesel. *GULP*... now I was really stressing, going from a fairly inexpensive vanilla Focus to a much-more expensive BMW. First thing I did was take it out of Sport mode and stick it in Econ...think our worst tank was something like 52 MPG / 22.1 KPL.

As it turned out, everything went great...no damage, although I will admit that both front rims might have been a tad bit...uh, er...shinier...when I turned that car back in than when we picked it up. LOL...they didn't even blink...

Cheers,

Bendmac

5 hours ago, Bendmac said:

Lucky dog...it'd be nice if we could get the diesel version here in the states! ? THAT would be cross-country touring machine...

LOL....a few years ago, my bride and I spent 3 weeks driving around Scotland. I sourced a rental car with an automatic (BIG bucks!). While I CAN drive a manual, something about shifting with my LEFT hand (not to mention looking down and thinking, "Oh, I'm doing 7000 rpm...I should probably shift!") made me beg off. I told my wife I wanted ALL my attention out there in front of me, reminding myself to "Keep left, keep left, keep left" and remembering ""Tight left, wide right", etc. And entering roundabouts from the LEFT.....eeeehaw! ? I had borrowed a friend's mail Jeep here (right-hand drive) to do a little practicing and that helped some.

We were supposed to get a UK-spec Ford Focus but when we showed up at the car hire in Glasgow, turns out they had upgraded us (no additional charge, no less!) to a 2-series BMW turbodiesel. *GULP*... now I was really stressing, going from a fairly inexpensive vanilla Focus to a much-more expensive BMW. First thing I did was take it out of Sport mode and stick it in Econ...think our worst tank was something like 52 MPG / 22.1 KPL.

As it turned out, everything went great...no damage, although I will admit that both front rims might have been a tad bit...uh, er...shinier...when I turned that car back in than when we picked it up. LOL...they didn't even blink...

Cheers,

Bendmac

I don't blame you Bendmac - I always request an automatic when renting a car on the continent or North America. Changing gear with the wrong hand is always the hardest part in my opinion and best avoided if at all possible (looking up in the wrong direction for the rear view mirror comes a close second, but there's not a lot you can do about that!).

The Edges we have here are identical to yours other than the engines. Ours are all twin turbo 2 litre diesels (even the ST-Line models) - a lot less powerful than over the pond but as our fuel is currently averaging at $6.17/US gallon in the UK it is much more economical.