Hello from Nova Scotia Canada

lander12

Hello to the group and good day. I own a 2010 Edge SEL with 205000 kilometers on it.  I also own a 2010 Honda CR-V but I wanted a heavier SUV to tow a trailer. My Edge has a factory towing package and it was the detail that led me to choose this car over the others I had been looking at.  When I got the Edge, it was starting to show signs of corrosion damage underneath- we use salt and a brine solution on our winter roads here. I had it undercoated last Fall and will have it done again this spring. Since then, I replaced a power steering line due to it's rusty appearance and expected failure if I did not. I have already had the PTU drilled and tapped for a drain plug at a local shop. They also replaced the PTU oil.

I believe in sharing past experiences with the group thinking that someone else can benefit from it.

3 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

You guys still on lock down or are they starting to relax the mask/distancing requirements?

not sure who that question was directed to but i'll answer. in BC, we haven't been on "lock down" for a while. at the moment we are not supposed to travel out of our medical care zone but they are large. only 4 or 5 in all of BC. Masks still required in stores or public places. restaurants were closed for indoor dining for a while but now they've been open for a couple of weeks. our new cases are down to well below 200 a day and deaths are in the single digits. my wife and i live out in a pretty rural area and we never really were affected by any restrictions. we just went shopping less often and stocked up more. we stayed home but still went out for walks on the beach or in the forests. but no dentist appointments since that's such a high risk activity but to be honest, i haven't asked what precautions our dentist is taking. we've both gotten our first vax and second should be in a couple of weeks. most friends are the same. the cities are a bit more hassle since sometimes you have to wait in line to get into a supermarket but people do that all the time to get into costco.

now this was all in BC. don't know how the east is doing on a day-to-day basis other than the stats. Manitoba is having a rough time apparently.

i think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. this summer might be a bit premature to drop all measures but hopefully we'll be close to normal next year.

11 hours ago, ben senise said:

not sure who that question was directed to but i'll answer. in BC, we haven't been on "lock down" for a while. at the moment we are not supposed to travel out of our medical care zone but they are large. only 4 or 5 in all of BC. Masks still required in stores or public places. restaurants were closed for indoor dining for a while but now they've been open for a couple of weeks. our new cases are down to well below 200 a day and deaths are in the single digits. my wife and i live out in a pretty rural area and we never really were affected by any restrictions. we just went shopping less often and stocked up more. we stayed home but still went out for walks on the beach or in the forests. but no dentist appointments since that's such a high risk activity but to be honest, i haven't asked what precautions our dentist is taking. we've both gotten our first vax and second should be in a couple of weeks. most friends are the same. the cities are a bit more hassle since sometimes you have to wait in line to get into a supermarket but people do that all the time to get into costco.

now this was all in BC. don't know how the east is doing on a day-to-day basis other than the stats. Manitoba is having a rough time apparently.

i think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. this summer might be a bit premature to drop all measures but hopefully we'll be close to normal next year.

Very similar to the situation here in the UK. Current restrictions are due to be lifted on 21st June but that's now in doubt because of the rapidly rising numbers catching the new Delta (aka Indian) variant. Good news though is the vaccine has now been given to more than 75% of the adult population.

• Like 1