System not shutting down

When I turn off my 2017 Edge the system doesn't completely shut down. The Ford emblem will come back up in the display and when I open the door I get the constant ding ding ding, like non push buttons cars when you leave the key in the ignition. If I use the interior lock button to lock it, I get the double honk, as if my car is still running and I have exited and walked away with the fob in my pocket.  Any ideas what's causing this?

22 hours ago, jmr061 said:

Don't take your fob out to the car and see if it will start anyway.

??? I actually asked a customer at Walmart to take my keys with him to return his cart, 5 cars away, so I could see if my car would start. MY CAR STARTED! Called my dealership and my service person was shocked and said that my car shouldn't start unless the key fob was in the car. I switched to my second fob when I got home and today, same thing. 

4 hours ago, L.Ray said:

??? I actually asked a customer at Walmart to take my keys with him to return his cart, 5 cars away, so I could see if my car would start. MY CAR STARTED! Called my dealership and my service person was shocked and said that my car shouldn't start unless the key fob was in the car. I switched to my second fob when I got home and today, same thing. 

Aftermarket remote start?  

8 hours ago, L.Ray said:

Search the vehicle thoroughly.  There is a fob in it somewhere.

As mentioned is there an aftermarket remote start installed?  Also I think there is a way to tell through the dash settings how many keys are programmed to it.  May want to look that up and see if that is possible to check.

Edited by jmr061

4 hours ago, jmr061 said:

Also I think there is a way to tell through the dash settings how many keys are programmed to it.

Like what Jason said. Go to the MyKey settings, MyKey info, it will show how many "Admin Keys" & "MyKeys" are programmed to the vehicle. The total reflects how many keyfobs are programmed to your vehicle.

Edited by omar302