Air hissing noise when accelerating.

Kindafastst

I’ll start by saying I previously own an escape with 2.0 engine so I’m new to the 2.7 gain. Pick up my 2019 st a month ago. Under moderate acceleration (probably pressing it down around 30-40%) I start to hear this hissing noise. I peak around 17ish boost (sometimes when on it hard it surges up to 20 then back down to 17ish) I’ve checked the pipes I can see for leak but didn’t find anything. Is this normal for 2.7? Was going to take to dealer but thought I would ask here first. Also will add do not hear same noise when giving it gas while parked. Thanks in advance 

Edited by Kindafastst
Add

On 7/1/2021 at 5:12 PM, Kindafastst said:

I’ll start by saying I previously own an escape with 2.0 engine so I’m new to the 2.7 gain. Pick up my 2019 st a month ago. Under moderate acceleration (probably pressing it down around 30-40%) I start to hear this hissing noise. I peak around 17ish boost (sometimes when on it hard it surges up to 20 then back down to 17ish) I’ve checked the pipes I can see for leak but didn’t find anything. Is this normal for 2.7? Was going to take to dealer but thought I would ask here first. Also will add do not hear same noise when giving it gas while parked. Thanks in advance 

It's the speaker. It's an idiotic "feature" and it sounds like a blown speaker to me but that's what it is. Manufactured by the car for whatever reason.

On 7/4/2021 at 4:33 PM, Vanquished said:

It's the speaker. It's an idiotic "feature" and it sounds like a blown speaker to me but that's what it is. Manufactured by the car for whatever reason.

I think you are referring to the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) which also includes some augmented noise to give an engine note. This sound is only inside the passenger compartment. An easy way to test if the hissing noise is really from the ANC, open a door slightly (to the first latch so the ajar warning comes up), ANC is disabled while the door is open. If the hissing is still there, then it is not from the ANC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I don’t think it’s the fake engine noises being pipped into the cabin that’s making this hissing noise under acceleration. Another weird thing is that it doesn’t do it when I rev it up while parked only while driving. Drove an 18 sport and a 19 f150 with 2.7 in it and couldn’t replicate the hissing noise. 

3 hours ago, Kindafastst said:

So I don’t think it’s the fake engine noises being pipped into the cabin that’s making this hissing noise under acceleration. Another weird thing is that it doesn’t do it when I rev it up while parked only while driving. Drove an 18 sport and a 19 f150 with 2.7 in it and couldn’t replicate the hissing noise. 

In park it will not build much boost. I really believe its the turbo you are hearing with high frequencies tuned out and heavily muffled. 

Edited by Fingernip