Brand new 2021 Edge ST - Blind Spot System Fault

Dthiss

Traded my wife’s 2020 expedition in on a 2021 Edge ST a couple of weeks ago because my mother in law couldn’t get in the expedition. This morning I went out to go get the ST washed and I get Blind Spot System Fault, Cross Traffic System Fault, the air bag lights stays on and the AC system shuts off. Car has 1200 miles on it, ugggg.  Will do some google searching, but I will have to get it over to the dealer somehow tomorrow.  

anyone else experience this?

• 2 weeks later...

2021 SEL 600kms just got this too! I found many F150's and Explorers displaying this issue, but I think it is new to Edges. I'm hearing things like possible water infiltration or harness under driver issues etc, but nothing concrete... sitting in dealership as we speak/type.

Symptoms... dash displayed 

- Blind Spot System Fault

- Cross Traffic System Fault

- Air Bag Light On

Effects...

- Climate control (A/C) would not turn on

- Front windows inoperable, but rears worked

- power liftgate would not open

this was faulting for 10 minutes then self reset for 30 seconds then fault again for my whole drive to dealer (25 minute drive)

Edited by Big Dependable
added more info.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have owned this car 5 weeks and it’s been in dealership for 3 of those after 3 separate failures. Narrowed it down to

- park car with rear of car facing west (towards afternoon sun) on hot day

- use FordPass to remote start car

- the very instant which I unlock trunk with keyfob all faults appear… “front windows inoperable, climate control inoperable, trunk won’t open, air bag lights on, blind spot system fault, cross traffic system fault, and a raft of system faults sent to obd) I’ve put more miles on rental car than my own. 

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...

Well, I have owned this car 5 weeks and it’s been in dealership for 3 of those after 3 separate failures. Narrowed it down to

- park car with rear of car facing west (towards afternoon sun) on hot day

- use FordPass to remote start car

- the very instant which I unlock trunk with keyfob all faults appear… “front windows inoperable, climate control inoperable, trunk won’t open, air bag lights on, blind spot system fault, cross traffic system fault, and a raft of system faults sent to obd) I’ve put more miles on rental car than my own. 

Good news is you can reproduce it. Seems a heat shield around the affected cable or re-route (if it was installed correctly) should fix it, and/or software update. Guess there is a TSB coming after they figure it out. Personally, has not happened to me, but rarely use remote start since car in garage.

If they don't fix it, looks like you can trade it back in under Lemon law. Just try same routine on new care before you take delivery.

Out of curiosity, did you get them to try and reproduce this on another car on the lot or in for service?