Rattle/Ticking Sound in Back of Panoramic Moonroof

On 6/30/2023 at 1:26 PM, Davidoo said:

When you say you have a glass roof, I assume you mean the electronic panoramic roof?  If so, there is a thread on this that pinpoints the cause of the rattle that many of us have.  I just fixed mine a week or so ago.  Here's the thread.....

Rattle/Ticking Sound in Back of Panoramic Moonroof - Glass, Lenses, Lighting, Mirrors, Sunroof (BAMR), Wipers - Ford Edge Forum

Thank you! Yes, electronic panoramic roof

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 12:21 PM, Rockhound said:

I have a 2017 with panoramic glass roof. The sunshade rattles when it is in closed position, the rattle is coming from just behind the rear seats, I think from the roller mechanism. Anyone had this issue? Noise goes away if the shade is even slightly opened. 

Did you ever find the issue? I have the same ticking/rattle, but it seems to go away when slight pressure is applied to the rolled up sunshade. The noise is less noticeable when the sunshade is at some point between open and closed, and completely gone when the sunshade is fully closed. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Avose55 said:

Did you ever find the issue? I have the same ticking/rattle, but it seems to go away when slight pressure is applied to the rolled up sunshade. The noise is less noticeable when the sunshade is at some point between open and closed, and completely gone when the sunshade is fully closed. 

Did you try the solution stated in the thread linked above? This one

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...