Upgrade to Blind Spot Mirror

If anyone with a 07, 08 Edge or 07, 08, 09 MKX missed the upgrade to the 09 Edge blind spot mirrors thread here's the link.

:read: :beerchug:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...59&hl=blind

ab

The real thing if they will exactly fit, and the price, last time i heard about those were like 80.00 for that mirror only...IMO a rip off...I work for the glass industry and there no mirror in earth, not even the custom made antique italian ones, so expensive for so small foot print...

Installed mine a few weeks ago ... well worth it. Both the main mirror as well as the small blind spot mirror are heated. It snowed a few times up here and they stayed clean with no ice buildup! They replace the complete glass with a new one that has the blindspot placed in the upper corner (it's heated as well. The face is flush which is easy to clean. The blindspot is installed behind the main glass mirror.

I find the mirrors to be better than the OEM that came on my 08 LTD. I see better as well as notice vehicles in the next lane over. This helps when driving to and from work in rush hour on 16 lane highways. There's always someone wanting to move over at the same time you do ... has stopped a few near misses. The install is easy ... I did a write up on it in the other thread.

• 1 month later...
not sure why a new thread was made, but if you read the above link, the 7 existing pages in the original thread can answer any possible question you would have on the topic.. best to read that thread

Lex is right. Easy install if you carefully read the thread. New mirror is great!

Have followed this topic and have read the cross referenced one from start to finish. Good string, but can anyone definitively tell me if the wiring for the electrochtomatic outside mirror from the MKX is pre-installed in the 2008 edge.

Thanks

And the opposite question.

Anybody know if Ford will produce a blind spot mirror with Electrochromatic for the MKX/Edge?

ab